Senior Cloud ETL Engineer
We’re an energized bunch, who love to be at the forefront of innovation. We make it our mission to develop and stay ahead of the latest trends and technology. Our goal? To put customers at the core of what we do and to deliver solutions that drive transformation and unlock the potential of people and businesses.Requirements
What you'll need:
• Hands-on experience developing Report with BI Tools i.e. Microsoft Reporting Tools (Excel/PT, SSRS, Power BI and Microstrategy).
• Experience with business requirements analysis, entity relationship planning, database design, reporting structures.
• Knowledge with MDX, DAX, M Language, SSAS, Tabular.
• Direct experience in implementing enterprise data management processes, procedures, and support on data monitoring.
• Senior level SQL, PL/SQL
• Experience with data processing flowcharting techniques.
• Experience developing and maintaining ETL tools and platforms such as SSIS, Informatics
Skills and Knowledge:
• 3+ years’ work experience as a Reporting and BI Development.
• Understanding of large scale DB and reporting solution design, Source to Target Mappings, distributed DB design, multi environment structures, logical DB partitioning strategy, data archiving and retention, design and development of reporting semantic layer and view objects and logic
• Strong understanding of BI Reporting & ETL technologies, relational and dimensional data structures, Big Data hands-on experience, principles, and best practices.
• Strong familiarity with metadata management and associated processes.
Nice to have:
• Understanding of Web services (SOAP, XML, REST, JSON, UDDI, WSDL).
• Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
• Experience with repository creation, and data and information system life cycle methodologies.
• Hands-on experience with Azure Cloud Data Engineering suite: ADF, Databricks, Azure Data Lake, Spark, Azure SQL and Azure SQL Data Warehouse
About the role:
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Development, the BI & ETL Engineer is to ensure the effective design and development of the Canadian Student Lending Platform reporting solution.
What you'll do:
• Develop and deliver a robust Reporting and Business Analytics framework, well aligned with the company’s long-term strategic goals for data architecture vision.
• Ensure the solutions supports Canadian Student Lending Program client data needs and can be easily extended to newly acquired clients and their standards.
• Work with cross-functional groups to understand reporting requirements and solution design.
• Translate project requirements into functional and non-functional specifications for BI reports and applications.
• Develop and implement BI solutions. Develop, enhance and maintain reporting solutions including (but not limited to) self-service reporting environments, corporate dashboards, reporting cubes and direct database access environment for BI “power users”.
• Prepare all necessary documentation that clearly describes solution and Meta data.
• Monitor, tune up and administer BI Environments for quality and optimal performance purpose.
• Debug, monitor and troubleshoot BI solutions.
• Be aware of and comply with all corporate and department policies, procedures and standards that apply to your work area.
• Working closely project level team - data owners, stewards, users, business analysts, developers, quality analysts, department managers, architects and other stakeholders to ensure strategic goals and tactical implementation are in alignment.
• Ensure that Reporting and Business Analytics strategies and architectures are in regulatory compliance.