Grant Thornton is a leading business adviser that helps dynamic organizations to unlock their potential for growth. Our brand is respected globally, as one of the major global accounting organizations recognized by capital markets, regulators and international standards setting bodies.
Over the last three years we are the fastest growing large accounting organisation and we are constantly evolving and developing alongside our clients.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Economics or Finance, ACCA or ACA qualification are considered as a strong advantage, CECCAR is an advantage as well;
- Strong understanding of accounting theory, good knowledge of local GAAP and legislation, IFRS knowledge and practice;
- 5+ years accounting/finance experience minimum in accounting / financial consulting firms or 2+ years of minimum experience in a similar position in accounting / financial consulting firms;
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work;
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus;
- Ability to act and operate independently and to coordinate a team of seniors and juniors accountants;
- Proficiency with ICT tools, including MS Office, previous experience with big data in Excel would be an advantage;
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results oriented;
- Fluent in English is mandatory, other language would be a plus.
He/shе will coordinate the accounting and reporting missions to the clients, being responsible of:
- Manage the financial-accounting missions in the area of expertise, under the instructions and review of the partner in charge of the accounting team and accounting practice, by liaising with the team of seniors & juniors, as well as with the managers in the other areas of accounting expertise, on complex assignments;
- Draft complex financial-accounting advices, complex financial-accounting health check / due diligence reports, complaints against the tax decisions issued by the tax authorities and other documents needed in complex financial-accounting procedures;
- Supervise the work in accounting compliance missions and review the tax computation and tax return declarations with a high level of difficulty;
- Interact with the tax authorities in order to represent the clients (e.g. representation during the tax audits, filing complaints, participating in meetings for presenting the situation of the clients, participating in meetings for discussing changes in legislation etc.);
- Identify business opportunities on existing and potential clients and discuss these opportunities with the partner in charge for coordinating the accounting team and accounting practice;
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations;
- Other projects as assigned.
This isn’t the professional services firm you think you know. This is Grant Thornton.
We give you more than a name on a resume. Here, we empower you with opportunities,
resources and support to quickly grow your career and in a direction that matters to you.