Lead/Staff Java Engineer (remote)
Tide is a financial platform that saves them time and money.
Unlike banks or business software, Tide curates and integrates financial products and services with banking into a unified experience that solves the full range of SME financial needs.
You’ll be a great fit if you:
- Have experience coaching technical staff and acting as a technical lead.
- Have extensive experience building server-side applications and detailed knowledge of the relevant programming languages for your stack (i.e Java 8 or newer).
- Have sound knowledge of a Java backend framework (e.g. Spring/Spring Boot).
- Have experience with microservices or implementing and consuming RESTful APIs.
- Demonstrate a mindset of delivering secure, well-tested, and well-documented software.
- Willing to own your code from development to production.
- Have experience with relational databases.
- Have some exposure to continuous integration, delivery, and deployment.
- Are comfortable working in agile methodologies, ideally Scrum.
- Have utilized common development tools such as IntelliJ, Git, Jira, etc.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Acting as a Tech Lead.
- Working on internal projects for some of our business areas. Your fellow team members will get you up to speed and will help you develop the skills so that you are the one coaching other new joiners.
- Becoming part of one of our expanding agile teams and actively collaborating with your colleagues from the other Backend and iOS, Android, Web, QA, DevOps, Agile, Data, and Product teams at Tide to translate requirements into well-engineered solutions.
- Joining our backend Community of Practices, learn from them, and propose your own at some point to maintain high quality across the backend. Career progression is as important to you as it is for us.
This is a remote position with occasional traveling to Tide's office in Sofia, Bulgaria post-pandemic and under a full-time B2B contact. Additional benefits include 25 days annual paid leave and a personal budget for L&D.