DevOps Engineer & Release Manager
Societe Generale Global Solution Centre (SG GSC) acts as a business solution center for Societe Generale, one of the largest European financial groups. We provide high-quality professional services for more than 35 countries in various fields of activity – Finance & Accounting, HR, IT and Corporate Operations. Our mission is to be a partner of choice, valued for owning, transforming and innovating through best-in-class talent. GBSU – Global Business Service Unit, along with other service structures, is an entity which delivers high quality services for the GBIS (Global Banking Investor Solutions) of Société Générale. It is a big organization spread around the globe with a central Hub in Paris. The application scope revolves around Eliot application - the software tool for Trade Capture management dedicated to Equity Deals (development based in Paris & Bucharest). The application is worldwide, and the goal is to do the technical support for the GBIS Paris users on the services layer (EDS, EWS, CNS- Java applications deployed on Linux).
What you will do:
• Deliver high quality binaries matching agreed specifications within agreed timeframe and compliant with existing framework and standards;
• Level 1/2 of technical and functional support of the production and non-production environments, monitoring, incident resolution and troubleshooting;
• Request/ incident/ problem management and crisis communication;
• Investigation of production incidents and escalation to development team, if necessary;
• Be the main point of contact with the Eliot/GTS infrastructure teams;
• When needed, participate to the non-business hours needs (Disaster Recovery, Infrastructure Weekend, Production constraints);
• Project management, including defining planning, derogations management, pre-requisites and norms/standards (CMRM) checks;
• Steering (follow-up and reporting), prior, during and after deliveries;
• Service quality indicators follow-up and maintenance (Performance, margins etc)
• Participate in the definition and evolution of processes – release/change management;
• Be in contact with the following teams: other IT management teams (Paris & entities), IT offshore teams (Bangalore), sponsor and users (Front-office, Middle-office, Back-office);
• Reach for a full automation of manual tasks, delivery process and monitoring, co-working with the development team; • Develop, maintain & improve the tools necessary to manage the production.
• Good technical level on Unix & Linux (95%) and Windows (5%);
• Experience with/Desire to approach the project management activity;
• Basic knowledge of HTTP/S, TCP and application communication layers;
• At least 2-3 years experience with supporting applications in production (ideally Java applications);
• Good understanding of shell scripting and Perl and/or Python and network skills;
• Curiosity, analytical skills and patience to investigate complex production issues;
• Dynamic, detail oriented, fast learning capacity and able to work in a fast-paced environment;
• Client-driven approach & service oriented;
• Experience with SQL is appreciated;
• Tools : XL Deploy, Puppet, GIT, Eclipse or IntelliJ, Maven, Jira, Jenkins, Sonar, Autosys, VM, Cloud.
WHY JOIN US
At SG GSC, you will find a flexible workplace and culture, autonomy, constant learning opportunities, dynamism, and talented people, making this experience a real career accelerator. You will also discover all the diversity of our businesses, in a sector that is constantly evolving and innovating.
If you feel like ambitiously pursuing your goals, then you have come to the right place.
Plus, you will enjoy all our benefits:
• Competitive compensation & remuneration;
• Healthcare coverage for prevention & group life insurance;
• Office perks, flexible benefits & social benefits;
• Yearly bonuses per company policy;
• Learning and development programs & career growth opportunities.