Software Support Consultant
Our people make the difference and are our most valuable asset
We are a purpose driven company with ambitious, highly skilled people and an academic culture that we are proud of. We use our passion for mathematics to optimize organizations and, with every mathematical optimization and analytics solution we implement, we make the world a little better.
At ORTEC, you will be part of a unique organization and team! We will support you in finding your strengths and the best way to succeed within the company through a challenging, hands-on experience.
What we do
As a company that is driven by data and technology, we focus on improving the impact our solutions have on our customers’ business. Therefore, research and development is an important factor in our activity. We continuously strive to improve our product suite and services. We develop optimization and analytics solutions that are state-of-the-art and often pioneering. Our employees have vast experience in Operations Research and IT, which we combine with extensive knowledge of industry-specific business processes across almost every industry imaginable. What is our everyday goal? Finding better solutions in shorter times, providing our customers with a key to sustainable success in a challenging world. We operate a flat organizational structure that keeps communication lines short. The atmosphere is open, informal, cooperative and positive.
The ORTEC journey started in the early 1980s. A few young Dutch students wanted to show the world the value of mathematics to secure long term sustainable growth for organizations and society at large. 37 years later, ORTEC is the world’s leading supplier of mathematical optimization software and advanced analytics with around 1000 employees and offices in 13 countries around the globe. Over the years, we have optimized business processes at more than 2,000 leading companies, enabling us to make a significant contribution to a better world.
Join us in Optimizing the World! If you are looking to work in a fast-paced challenging environment, then we challenge you to take the step and join us at ORTEC to discover your optimum!
Who are you?
As a successful candidate you are:
- Enthusiastic about the ORTEC story and goals;
- Interested in operating in an international environment;
- Easy, fast learning, able to self-train, flexible and open minded;
- Available to work in shifts;
- A reliable team player;
- Quality oriented and customer focused;
- Able to build lasting customer relationship;
- Result oriented and with great analytical skills
- Willing to grow and learn new technologies;
- Willing to improve the work environment;
- Ready to speak up because you know your opinion can make the difference;
- Eager to help your colleagues and customers;
- Organized, able to prioritize between tasks and ask for help when needed.
Your skills and experience:
- University degree in relevant field (preferably IT related)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Fluent in English. Other foreign language is an added advantage (especially Russian, French, Turkish or Italian)
- Knowledge of SQL programming and databases. XSL knowledge is a plus;
- Knowledge of networking and MS Windows Platform. Scripting knowledge is an advantage;
- Experience in working with Server-Client applications;
- Previous experience with clients is an asset;
- Intrigued by detective work in troubleshooting;
- Strong problem-solving judgement;
- Ability to travel (mostly abroad) when required.
Our support consultants in Bucharest are part of Global Customer Support team, a division of ORTEC Global Operations center which is an expertise unit helping ORTEC offices around the world. We are the only Global Customer Support center that operates 24/7, providing support services to customers all around the globe. You will be troubleshooting customer environments in multiple industries like: transport & logistics, retail, oil & gas, energy, parcel delivery, consumer packaged goods, healthcare, banking and many others.
As a Software Support Consultant you are the main contributor to our customers’ satisfaction with our products after the implementation stage. You will be responsible for incident and problem resolutions of different complexity that can be related, but not limited to:
- User access;
- Monitoring tool alerts;
- Interface issues;
- Database issues;
- Infrastructure issues;
- Product / application configuration and management;
- Planning / Optimization issues;
- Business issues;
You will be in charge of ensuring the quality and on-time delivery of resolutions, balancing between understanding our customer’s business requirements and troubleshooting the technical solution (with SQL, XML/ XSL, Reporting, Scripting and others).
- A unique work experience in an open, creative and informal atmosphere;
- Inspiring, smart and enthusiastic colleagues;
- Work – life balance approach;
- Great opportunities to develop yourself and fulfill your ambitions (clear career paths, yearly evaluations and increases, job rotation options)
- Flexible schedule within the limits of the department’s availability;
- Friendly work environment with a great location, new and easy to access office building;
- Relaxation areas, daily fruits delivery, foosball table, our own bar (ORTap)
- On-site chair massage;
- Events: Annual teambuilding, Christmas party, monthly ORTEC Sports Day;
- Sports benefits offered in collaboration with the ‘7card’ network;
- ‘Bookster’ subscription;
- Annual bonus based on team’s accomplishments – up to 1 full salary.