Our people make the difference and are our most valuable asset
We are a purpose driven company with ambitious, highly skilled people and an academic culture that we are proud of. We use our passion for mathematics to optimize organizations and, with every mathematical optimization and analytics solution we implement, we make the world a little better.
At ORTEC, you will be part of a unique organization and team! We will support you in finding your strengths and the best way to succeed within the company through a challenging, hands-on experience.
What we do
As a company that is driven by data and technology, we focus on improving the impact our solutions have on our customers’ business. Therefore, research and development is an important factor in our activity. We continuously strive to improve our product suite and services. We develop optimization and analytics solutions that are state-of-the-art and often pioneering. Our employees have vast experience in Operations Research and IT, which we combine with extensive knowledge of industry-specific business processes across almost every industry imaginable. What is our everyday goal? Finding better solutions in shorter times, providing our customers with a key to sustainable success in a challenging world. We operate a flat organizational structure that keeps communication lines short. The atmosphere is open, informal, cooperative and positive.
The ORTEC journey started in the early 1980s. A few young Dutch students wanted to show the world the value of mathematics to secure long term sustainable growth for organizations and society at large. 37 years later, ORTEC is the world’s leading supplier of mathematical optimization software and advanced analytics with around 1000 employees and offices in 13 countries around the globe. Over the years, we have optimized business processes at more than 2,000 leading companies, enabling us to make a significant contribution to a better world.
Join us in Optimizing the World! If you are looking to work in a fast-paced challenging environment, then we challenge you to take the step and join us at ORTEC to discover your optimum!
Who you are:
- Comfortable with handling high complexity;
- Experienced in C# and SQL Server – and preferably in Azure, too;
- Able to communicate fluently in English, both spoken and written;
- Happy to work with the customer on site;
- Willing to develop yourself continuously;
- Conscientious in staying abreast of new developments;
- Inquisitive, creative and enthusiastic about sharing your ideas and know-how;
- Passionate about IT – it’s not just your job, it’s your true calling;
- Holding a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Information Technology or comparable, or a web development education from another institute or organization.
We’re always on the lookout for a new challenge: most of our projects are built from scratch in an Agile environment, and we strive to employ the latest technologies and work processes both for small and big designs.
We believe a happy teammate is one that gets to try out innovative ideas and develop cool stuff which we can hopefully implement in the future. As passionate and skilled craftsmen, we make a point of sharing our knowledge – and having fun whilst we do what we love, day after day.
What we offer:
- Great opportunities to develop yourself (clear career paths, yearly evaluations and increases, job rotation program)
- Annual bonus based on team’s accomplishments – up to 1 full salary;
- Additional vacation days based on years at ORTEC;
- An open and friendly work environment with a great location, new and easy to access office building;
-Relaxation areas, daily fruits delivery, foosball table, our own bar the ”ORTap”
-On-site chair massage;
- Events: Annual teambuilding, Christmas party, monthly ORTEC Sports Day;
- ORTEC is implementing a Work from Anywhere policy that combines the benefits from the past as well as the learnings from the present;
- Sports benefits offered in collaboration with the network 7card;
- “Bookster “subscription;
- Fun quizzes, cooking sessions, coffee calls with colleagues and much more creativity in this new world we are all adjusting to.