DevOps Engineer - Kafka
IFUTURE Romania is a recruitment company part of a multinational organisation Thakral Group from Singapore. We want to be the Solution Partner, positioning as the intermediate between the potential of the labor market and the specialized staff need from our portofolio clients.
The values which drives our activity are: Passion, Responsibility, Flexibility, Creativity.
Our goal is to provide high quality recruitment and consultancy services to interested candidates of the romanian labor market, by making them take the right step forward and match goals with individual plans.
• “Team player” attitude
• Willingness to learn and apply new technologies
• Working knowledge on any cloud platform (GCP would be a plus)
• Knowledge of Linux operating systems (Ubuntu or others) – OS, networking, process level
• Scripting experience (bash, Python)
• Automation and configuration management tools (Puppet)
• Basic understanding or knowledge about messaging pipelines. Apache Kafka would be a plus
• Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
• Familiarity with CI/CD tools and code versioning (git)
We are currently looking for an Engineer enthusiast to join an experienced DevOps team.
We design, construct and manage Apache Kafka clusters in the cloud by enabling the development teams to focus on building high-throughput data stream applications in a fast and efficient way, eliminating the operational burden of carrying about the underlying infrastructure.
To minimize implementation effort we share best practices, integration methods with development teams and support them through their development lifecycle.
We’re looking for someone to:
• Create and maintain the Kafka Infrastructure on Google Cloud Platform and Tencent
• Build and manage Kafka clusters and services by automating the tasks using Puppet and custom scripts
• Proactively monitor system health and performance using Datadog
• Ensure high-availability and scalability of the application; make sure the systems are recoverable in accordance with the SLAs
• Develop testing scenarios for new software installation/upgrades/migrations
• Implement OS patch management and security policies for the fleet
• Proactively catch and remediate problems, develop and implement solutions for improvement
• Share best practices and support development teams with Kafka consultancy for their particular use cases
• Create technical documentation, write operational procedures
• Provide operational support/incident management
• Opportunity to learn and work with a variety of technologies
• Career programs
• Multicultural, Agile environment that encourages new ideas and innovation
• Flexible working hours
• Lunch tickets
• Health and life insurance
• Private pension
• Fitness centers discounts, sports activities and other company events
• Good transport connections and free parking
• Relaxation area
• Free Bookster.ro account