DevOps Team Lead
FTSE Russell is part of London Stock Exchange Group’s Information Services Division, which is one of the fast growing divisions in the group. The index business is a rapidly developing market driven by regulatory changes and increased cost sensitivity in the financial services industry. FTSE Russell's mission is to become the leading provider of indices globally over the next few years. It is the largest European provider of Indices and competes on a global scale working with global investment banks, fund managers, exchanges, data vendors and the media. Its major competitors are MSCI and S&P/Dow Jones.
FTSE Russell has established a very strong reputation within the market place for the quality and reliability of its index products and its expertise in dealing with unusual or complex stock events is widely acknowledged. With a strong presence in the European financial markets, and a rapidly growing presence in the North American and Asian markets the company is now looking to increase its market share globally and become the number one provider of index client solutions globally.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Automating build, test, deployment and monitoring across all FTSE Russell systems;
- Installation, monitoring and maintenance of integration platforms across products and systems;
- Determining future environment capability and requirements;
- Continuous improvement of DevOps tooling and processes through automation;
- Ensuring that the development & testing process is being demonstrably followed;
- Ensure that standards and processes are well documented and enforced;
- Line Management & supplier resource management;
- Training and mentorship of more junior team members.
To be successful in this role, we would like you to have proven experience and/or knowledge of the following technologies and tools:
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills allowing an ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels within the company, and with external clients/suppliers;
- Excellent problem solving, planning and organisational skills;
- Line management experience;
- Linux and Windows administration with good experience in shell scripting;
- Public Cloud – AWS preferred;
- CI tooling – Jenkins preferred;
- Infrastructure deployment – Terraform and Ansible preferred;
- Excellent attention to detail is essential;
- Must be able to work under pressure and prioritise conflicting tasks to complete them in the most effective way.
We are looking for intellectually curious people, interested in the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you a forward thinker and problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast forward your career.
We maximise each employee’s potential through personal development through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
- Pillar 3 Supplemental Pension
- 25 days’ holiday a year
- Private medical insurance
- Group life insurance policy
- Meal vouchers
- Share Purchase Plan
- Volunteering Days