Big Data Engineer
We are hiring a Big Data Engineer!
This job is for our client, a Shared Service Center which acts as a global solution center for one of the largest European financial groups. They provide high-quality professional services for more than 35 countries in various fields of activity – Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, IT, and Corporate Operations.
• 3-4 years of experience
• Good understanding of Java 8, Spring Core and Spring BOOT, REST Webservices, GIT
• Experience with SQL & NoSQL Databases & Big data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Oozie, Hive)
• Experience with Kafka
• Experience on DevOps is preferred
• Working knowledge of Linux operating system
• Python experience is a plus
• Azure experience is a plus
• Agile Project Management: JIRA, IDE: IntelliJ
• A responsible attitude and ambition in achieving your mission; good combination of rigor, creativity and communication skills
• Bachelor's degree, English is required, both written and spoken
We are looking for an enthusiastic person who is looking for the opportunity to master and enhance exciting Agile software development practices exhibiting accuracy, business agility, risk and value driven approach thereby installing self-confidence, self-learning to join our team.
The project is greenfield and revolving around Big Data topics. Our system will be built from scratch and will handle data from multiple producers feeding a data stream to the Data lake.
What you will do:
• Understand the detailed functional specifications and participate in the translation into technical specifications;
• Participate in the estimation of workload required to achieve the development and unit tests;
• Appropriate the operating rules of the development environment;
• Code/set-up and document what is produced;
• Comply with the standards and procedures (architecture, security, quality, documentation) and ensure compliance with the technical specifications;
• Conduct performance tests: Test Driven Development, BDDs & DDD;
• Contribute to the 3rd level support, this includes: monitoring of the resolution of incident and troubleshooting.
• Yearly bonus per company policy
• Competitive remuneration based on qualifications and seniority
• Discounts for retailers
• Medical services and life insurance
• Private pension contribution
• A modern working environment: open, informal, fun atmosphere
• Continuous training and development programs (eg: they offer ACCA or foreign language courses based on an established career development plan
We process this data for recruitment purposes only. If you apply for this job it means that you allow us to process your personal information. We are storing this data in our Applicant Tracking System, [which is fully compliant with EU data protection laws], and we will not share it with anyone else. You can request the deletion of your personal information at any moment.