Technology Solution Architect
To position MassMutual as a market leader for the next stage of growth, it is critical that we build top engineering capacity in a rapidly changing digital world. Romania has a significant pool of highly trained engineering professionals and so we are very excited to build operations in both Bucharest and Cluj.Requirements
Exceptional Communication Skills.
Exposure to Cloud Technology for a minimum of 3 years.
Deep proficiency in Solutions Architecture.
Experience in Agile and Waterfall project-management methodologies.
Experience in leading technical teams in a project.
Application design patterns, Domain Driven Design and microservices.
Cloud technology, AWS EC2, S3, CloudFront, FaaS/Serverless.
Containerization, Docker, Kubernetes, AKS, EKS.
API platforms and REST service design, systems integration.
Asynch messaging platforms, pub/sub, Kafka.
Data persistence, RDBMS, NoSQL, Data Lakes, Streaming.
Bachelor s Degree or equivalent/higher degree in Computer Science/related field.
Minimum of 4 years of experience in solution architecture area and 10 years in the IT domain.
• For any given project, program, product development initiative and/or a portfolio of capabilities quickly absorb the business drivers and construct the necessary initiative-wide and/or cross-initiative technical capabilities/solutions required to fulfill the business vision and requirements.
• Define the solution vision. Curate and integrate the most relevant technical assets into a pragmatic and viable (fit for purpose & use) end-to-end solution architecture in architecture deliverables. Make trade off decisions across multiple dimensions to achieve the most effective balance of near-term needs and long-term strategies.
• Provide solution level expertise in sizing solution cost and effort, assessing and managing technical risks and identifying potential design, performance, security and support concerns.
• Drive buy/source vs. build decisions supported by clearly articulated cost/benefit analysis in support of technical choices.
• Lead architectural spikes, proof of concept/technology and/or targeted implementation projects(prototyping), to size solutions and validate efficacy of the solution vision, architecture and design.
• Actively steer solution direction and realization. Dynamically navigate between high level business vision, through mid-level systems requirements all the way down to low-level implementation considerations.
• Remove barriers to enable solution delivery team to complete objectives; drive and influence decisions. Direct other solution architects/cross functional specialists through solution development.
• Drive and champion technical and economic value discussions with technology and business partners. Provide thought leadership and lead key decision-making discussions around technology planning, investment and implementation direction that determine and shape projects.
• Drive opportunities to create efficiencies or advance the architectural agenda, by identifying commonalities between projects and actively driving practice maturity.
• Collaborate with senior leaders to develop and maintain the Workplace Solutions Strategy.
• Deliver architecture documents that define the technical solution for Workplace initiatives.
• Collaborate with business and technical partners on Workplace initiatives.
• Provide thought leadership and active participation in conferences and research with strategic partners and academic institutions.
The Technology Solution Architect will work from our Bucharest/Cluj office while collaborating with the Global MassMutual teams and provide support in technology area. The person who will join this role will report also to a local manager based in Bucharest/Cluj.
We’re growing, and our clients deserve the best. As a Technology Solution Architect you’ll have an opportunity to partner with other experienced technology resources to transform our business processes using a new cloud first approach. In this role, as well as all roles within MassMutual, you will demonstrate accountability, agility, a dedication to be inclusive, a strong business acumen, and will show courage, even in the most difficult situations. We also highly value strong communication skills, a passion for learning, leadership traits, resilience and self-awareness.