Biddable Media Specialist
Every great brand stands for something and, at Vodafone, our purpose is ‘to connect for a better future’.
Vodafone is a leading telecommunications company in Europe and Africa. Our expertise and scale give us a unique opportunity to drive positive change for society. Our networks keep family, friends, businesses and governments connected and – as the COVID-19 pandemic has proven – we play a vital role in keeping economies running and the functioning of critical sectors like education and healthcare.
Working at Vodafone is all about helping people to benefit from the new technology and innovations. We bring the future to even the most remote places, using technology to help families in disaster zones, enabling access to digital for the vulnerable, connecting millions of vehicles to the internet and thinking about technology that doesn’t even exist yet.
Over 30 years ago, we made the first ever mobile phone call and sent the first SMS in Britain and have been changing the lives of billions of people ever since. In Romania, we are also carrying a long history of firsts – first mobile operator in Romania, first GSM operator to launch the short messaging service (SMS) and first to offer GPRS (2001), 3G (2005), 4G (2012) and 5G (2019) services – and innovations: we offered world’s first live hologram concert and, later, 4K holograms of Romanian mothers.
We believe being different is good. We can only leverage this diversity by building an inclusive culture where everyone is respected, can be themselves and strive to be their best. We do this through our maternity and parental leave policies, by empowering women through connectivity and improving access to education and digital skills for women, girls, and society at large. We are respectful of all individuals, irrespective of race, ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, belief, culture or religion. Your different perspectives help us to shape the future.
At Vodafone, we are also taking significant steps to reduce our impact on our planet by reducing our greenhouse gas emissions by 50% by 2025, purchasing 100% of our electricity from renewable sources by 2025, and reusing, reselling or recycling 100% of our redundant network equipment.
The future is exciting. Ready?
At least 3 years’ industry experience, with 1 as Account Manager (Agency) on Paid Social & AdWords specialism. Developed analysis skills, appreciation of the digital marketing landscape, organized approach and excellent time management. Experience and understanding of platforms, including Facebook Business Manager and of AdWords and analytics platforms. Expertise driving performance on enterprise-level accounts.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Educated to degree level
- Platform certifications i.e. Essential for Google AdWords (Search, YouTube, GDN)
This role forms a critical part of Vodafone’s new in-house media team, that will take full strategic and operational accountability of all biddable digital media disciplines (Search, Social and Programmatic). This change reflects the next phase of digital transformation at Vodafone, and an emphasis on delivering against its Operating Principles of Transparency, Ownership and Independence.
Key responsibilities, accountabilities and decision ownership:
- An integral part of Biddable account team
- Integrates internally: Brand / Performance / Consumer & Enterprise Business Units / Segments
- Integrates with agency via the Digital Manager: across traditional & digital media planning / buying
- Execute campaigns to deliver against media and business outcome KPI’s, managing account, campaign tactics setting, reporting and optimisation
- Effectively and independently manage accounts in line with best practice
- Work with direction from Biddable Media Manager to implement high level strategy
- Highly skilled working with analytics, ad server data / reporting
- Responsible for executing testing plan and providing high quality analysis
- Establish best use of (AdWords) technology platforms and lead with Biddable Media -
- Manager the relationship with Google (product roadmap, custom scripts, training etc.)
Harness 1st, 2nd and 3rd party data sets, to deliver effective segmentation and outcomes
- Improve operational effectiveness, measured against ongoing process / capability auditing
- Ensure right creative format use across social platforms, fulfilling media quality and personalisation goals, demonstrating A/B testing approach