Data Engineer & Big Data Developer, Engineering Center Cluj
Welcome to a place where your ideas lead to something big. Welcome to Bosch. Whether in the areas of driver assistant systems, automated driving, connected and electric mobility, our ideas make driving safer than ever before. This is only possible with the help of more than 700 talented engineers from Bosch Engineering Center Cluj specialized in software engineering, hardware and mechanical engineering, reliability engineering & quality validation, who work closely together with other Bosch Engineering Centers and with Bosch Plant Cluj. So why not join us in starting something remarkable? Make it happen.Qualifications
Education: Completed studies in a technical discipline (eg. Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or comparable)
- Comprehensive knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Understanding of the design and architecture of big data applications and proven experience with Hadoop ecosystems (HDFS, Hive, Impala, YARN, Spark etc)
- Experience in working with cloud infrastructure (like Cloudera) and workflows for all new and existing data sets ingested into data lake
- Capability to perform complex data transformations by means of efficient, performing and scalable programming in one of the following programming languages: Python / Java / C++/ C#
- Working experience with databases (SQL and noSQL)
Advantages if you have:
- Understanding of streaming platforms like Apache Kafka
- Software documentation, tracking (ex: Jira) and versioning tools
- Basic knowledge about testing frameworks like Selenium, Cucumber, JMeter or similar.
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Passionate about data and big data technologies with an engineering mind set
- Motivation and commitment to get involved, learn and contribute to the development of leading edge technologies in collaboration with a global network of experts;
- Good communication, strong analytical skills, team oriented, initiative, perseverance and attention to details;
- Self-organized and able to estimate, prioritize and schedule own tasks.
- Target and quality orientation
? Fluent in English; German can be an advantage;
o 25 days of annual leave, because work-life balance is essential to us;
o Flexible working hours, but if you want to work 5 days per month from somewhere else, feel free, our Home Office program helps you do that;
o Lunch discounts and daily subsidies at our canteen/restaurant;
o Private medical insurance, because your health is a priority to us;
o Flexible benefits - On top of your salary, we offer you a monthly budget via your benefit account, which can be used for several different services;
o Annual performance bonus;
o Internal development Trainings - we have local development programs for Project Managers, Line Managers and Experts;
o Inspiring working conditions;
- Contribute to the architecture and implementation of software products for systems that are integrating and processing large data streams in (near-) real-time, in the context of various domains from Driver Assistance to Product Engineering or Manufacturing.
- Develop solutions for intelligent, scalable, reusable and reliable data processing (ETL) in Big Data frameworks
- Responsible for data modelling working on complex and varying data sources from different domains that include everything from flat text files, semi-structured logs and messages, relational and non-relational databases, sensor and event streams to images.