Data Services Engineer
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders.Cerinte
• Fluent English language.
• Experience in Windows server operating systems in Datacenter level implementations (2016/2019).
• Expert level in Active directory, DNS services, DHCP services.
• Understanding of Datacenter level virtualized solutions based on VMware and Hyper-V.
• Basic to intermediate knowledge Linux (Red Hat/Ubuntu server) deployment and administration will be an advantage.
• Knowledge in Backup and Web filtering technologies will be an advantage.
• Understanding of Networking fundamentals – IP Addressing & Network topologies.
• Ability to proactively identify and solve problems logically and autonomously (e.g. troubleshooting, root cause analysis, remediations).
• Notions of ITIL-based processes or certification (v3 Foundation level or up) will be an advantage.
• Ability to deal with stress of competing priorities and diverging interests within the same immediate time frame.
• Ability to work in international and cross-cultural team and environment.
• Communicative, with good time management and prioritization skills.
The Data Services Engineer is a member of regional EMEA Regional Data Services (server) team, which is responsible for all server related issues (operations, 2nd and 3rd level support).
The engineer will be working in a group of server experts locally and within other EMEA countries to cover the required server functionalities in the region.
What are your responsibilities?
• Troubleshoot complex issues on the below mentioned operating systems.
• Installation of related patches and updates to server infrastructures.
• Perform server related regular operational tasks on the infrastructure across the team’s managed locations.
• Create related documentation of the existing and planned environment.
• Maintain existing documentation of the server infrastructures.
• Participate on preparation and evaluation of technical design for new projects and its possible improvements.
• Communicate and cooperate with other IT teams, like customer support, network team, security team, architecture team for to reach common goals.
• Active participation in the capacity planning for the server infrastructure, suggest where required server upgrades and other mitigating steps.
• Review and propose recommendations for to promote effective utilization of the server resources and thus limiting possible server issues.