Accounting Policy & Financial Reporting Analyst
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Garrett - Advancing Motion active
View all jobs Accounting Policy & Financial Reporting Analyst active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Insurances - Financial Intermediaries active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Banks - Financial Institutions active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Accounting - Finance active on Hipo.ro
Garrett is a cutting-edge technology provider that enables vehicles to become safer, more connected, efficient and environmentally friendly. We lead the development of innovative and differentiated solutions which empower the transportation industry to redefine and further advance motion. We partner with the world’s leading car and truck manufacturers, creating the turbocharging, electric boosting and connected vehicle systems central to the latest generation of fuel efficient and lower emissions vehicles.Requirements
If you wish to join our team, you need to have:
• Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or Finance
• Experience working with US GAAP accounting standards
• Minimum 2-3 years of experience with accounting and/or finance
We appreciate colleagues that have:
• CPA or equivalent certification
• Experience in multinational public accounting firm with service to mid or large public companies or similar role in Corporate Controllers organization
• Experience with internal controls and SOX requirements.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Leadership experience in supervisory or management role within a matrix organization
• Ability to view complex/conflicting data, identify issues and propose solutions/alternatives
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and drive process improvement
• Strong project management skills
• Demonstrates integrative thinking and intelligent risk taking
• Ability to use own judgment and initiative in problem resolution
• Communicates clearly and succinctly using written and verbal skills to influence, negotiate and collaborate effectively
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills and the proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple tasks and priorities
• Strong technical accounting skills
Technical Accounting and Policy Leadership:
• Assist global implementation efforts of new accounting standards across Garrett. This includes partnering with business units to perform impact assessment of critical accounting proposals and supporting comment letters efforts.
• Assist educational efforts to roll-out new accounting guidance across Garrett.
• Provide technical accounting support and oversight.
• Assist in drafting accounting policies for new accounting pronouncements and ensure that existing policies reflect current accounting guidance.
• Assist in external benchmarking projects and partner with functional/business groups to evaluate and implement best practices.
• Assist process improvement initiatives with focus on process standardization and streamlining.
• Assist in the preparation of SEC filings as well as the preparation of financial information.
For Global Controllership Learning Leadership:
• Assist in global Controllership Learning efforts to provide a high-quality training program for the Finance organization.
• Partner with the business units to develop relevant and tailored training materials.
• Drive successful project management rigor and milestone adherence on program setup and roll-out
If you wish to be part of our team, we are offering:
• Training programs;
• Career growth opportunities on various exciting projects or in the people management area;
• Experienced leaders to help you guide and support your professional development;
• Diverse, international and multicultural work environment;
• Competitive salary and an attractive benefits package;
• A fast-paced and dynamic work environment full of challenging and interesting work;