Senior Research And Development Engineer
Garrett is a cutting-edge technology provider that enables vehicles to become safer, more connected, efficient and environmentally friendly. We lead the development of innovative and differentiated solutions which empower the transportation industry to redefine and further advance motion. We partner with the world’s leading car and truck manufacturers, creating the turbocharging, electric boosting and connected vehicle systems central to the latest generation of fuel efficient and lower emissions vehicles.Requirements
We value employees that have:
• PhD (preferred) or MSc in statistic / ML / AI, with background in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
• Automotive industry understanding, and experiences is nice to have
As our new colleague, you should have the following experience:
• Solid knowledge and orientation in state-of-art ML algorithms and approaches, with strong mathematical background
• Practical experiences with big data processing, including commonly used tools for ML (MATLAB, Python, etc.)
• Practical experiences with development of ML algorithms, ideally with application in auto industry
• 3+ years’ work experience in industry
• Fluent in English
• Strong knowledge and skills in ML, including both theory and applications
• Ability to learn the specifics of auto industry, fast orientation in and adaptation of new application domains
• Product oriented mindset, ability to lead the projects from the technical point of view, presentation of project status in front of project stakeholders
• Basic project management skill
If you are interested in becoming our colleague, you can see below more about our role's main responsibilities:
• Become familiar with data storage principles, infrastructures and standards in automotive industry.
• Understand what types of data are available, and principles of data transfer from on-board to off-board (server / cloud).
• Become familiar with 5G standards and understand what the future role in auto industry is.
• Become an expert in understanding data coming from the connectivity and available on-board, with understanding how the data from the connectivity is used and what are expected benefits.
• Understand the legislation related to vehicle connectivity.
• Responsible for exploring and developing algorithms utilizing big data off-board.
• Process the data using suitable methods (like statistic / ML / AI).
• Propose algorithms (or “indicators”) that process the data and extract useful information for further processing.
• For example, indication of vehicle / subsystem performance or performance / health status.
• Find sensitivity of indicators to key driving variables so it is possible to understand the major contributors.
• Make a link between the indicators and supervisory optimization / control strategy.
• The focus is on both individual vehicle / subsystem and fleet of the same / similar vehicles or subsystems.
• Interact with all relevant teams inside the Connected Vehicle organization – controls / IVHM/ cyber.
• Work independently and actively contribute to all phases of the project, including project scoping, preparation of statement of work, work with PM to prepare feasible project time schedule.
• Coordinate the projects during the execution phase from the technical point of view.
• Report the results to key stakeholders on regular basis.
• Help to define the new solutions / offerings, support sales team and customer engagement.
• Also work in front of customers and ensure smooth transition of results towards the mass production.
If you wish to be part of our team, we are offering:
• Training programs;
• Career growth opportunities on various exciting projects or in the people management area;
• Experienced leaders to help you guide and support your professional development;
• Diverse, international and multicultural work environment;
• Competitive salary and an attractive benefits package;
• A fast-paced and dynamic work environment full of challenging and interesting work;