Expert QA Functional Engineer
We’re an energized bunch, who love to be at the forefront of innovation. We make it our mission to develop and stay ahead of the latest trends and technology. Our goal? To put customers at the core of what we do and to deliver solutions that drive transformation and unlock the potential of people and businesses.Requirements
- Experience in software testing.
- Experience in the software or financial industry .
- University degree in Finance, Economics, preferably the Academy of Economic studies (Romania) or relevant experience in the capital markets/financial software field.
- Knowledge of financial markets and financial instruments.
- Ability to work independently or within a team environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of quality assurance methods and techniques including the software development lifecycle is a plus.
- Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal. English certificates Cambridge, TOEFL, IELTS are a plus
- Effective planning and organizational skills, with an attention to detail.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to think ‘out of the box’ for process improvements.
- Able to identify issues, analyze implications, consider options and evaluate risks.
- Ability to work with specialized software tools; effectively implement and evaluate new processes or plans.
- Wide-range of experiences and advanced technical skills
- Preferred knowledge of automated testing software tools with ability to design and develop automated test cases.
- Preferred knowledge of the Agile software development methodology.
What will you contribute?
Reporting to the QA Manager, the Expert QA Engineer creates and executes complex product test plans to ensure software products meet design specifications and product quality standards. Assists the QA team with process improvements to improve product quality.
Responsibilities & Deliverables:
As a member of the QA team your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with Development, Customer Support and Product Management teams to understand the business context and requirements.
- Create test cases from product specifications.
- Execute test plans and test cases and compiles results.
- Set up and maintain personal testing environments.
- Assist in the review of software development processes to improve product quality.
- Track defects from detection to resolution and work with developers to reproduce and resolve defects.
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of existing products, operations or systems.
- Review product documentation to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Provide support to stakeholders prior to GA release of software.
- Create and/or run SQL scripts to populate data and validate test results.
- Design, develop, and maintain test scripts to be automated.
- Provide testing effort estimates for enhancements.
- Communicate status, findings and progress on a regular basis
- Help and train new joiners in order to integrate them in the team and to get basic knowledge of the software
- Lead others to solve complex problems; use sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgement and identify innovative solutions
- Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services
- Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation.