Security Technical Lead
Join one of the most talented teams in Romania at our amazing office in the heart of Bucuresti, near piata Romana. Enjoy a rich range of development languages: Java, C++, C# .NET, Angular – together with QA, support and integration teams.Requirements
We are looking for a professional and experienced Linux Security Technical lead who will be part of our R&D team in Romania.
If you’ve read this far, then we know you are curious to learn more – and we like that!
So, if you’re looking to apply your expertise and well-honed Linux skills, and:
• are driven by curiosity,
• thrive on solving the most complex security challenges, and
• are looking for a unique opportunity to grow and contribute
• in an exciting and rewarding environment
then we want to meet you!
Your tool box
• Strong Linux system administration skills
• Experience with vulnerability management and remediation using Linux security auditing tools such as Tenable Nessus, or OpenVAS
• Experience in writing and editing in Linux scripting languages such Bash, Python, Perl, or PHP or other high-level languages such as Java, C, or C++
• Implementing and testing security hardening
• Experience creating installation scripts using ansible
• Experience documenting processes and procedures
• Knowledge in Windows OS and domain environment
• Knowledge in authentication and authorization tools and protocols (LDAP, Kerberos, IAM, SSO, Keytabs, etc.)
• Ability to pass a public trust background investigation
• Web application security, proactive hardening, scanning, and remediation
• Proven ability to pick up issues quickly, to articulate complex matters clearly
• Strong project planning, problem-solving, and analytical skills
• Strong communications skills, both oral and written
• An endlessly curious mind
• Utilizing standard security tools such as Tenable Nessus, BigFix Compliance, NetSparker, and Tripwire in support of the overall system security program
• Designing, developing, and maintaining security tools such as SIEM systems, network log analyzers
• Managing and taking responsibility for DevOps and integration teams
• Interacting formally and informally with team members to share suggestions, designs, status, and challenges regarding security, and deliver documentation, white papers, and other artefacts
• Participating in triaging incoming user tickets and system and security monitoring reports
Why Cognyte is your perfect match
We’re a values-driven business with a strong passion for innovation that makes a meaningful impact on the world around us.
Our purpose is crystal clear: we deliver Actionable Intelligence in the service of a safer world. This purpose lives in all our people and guides us in everything we do.
We are calling out to the curious minds of the world, who are looking to break new ground and bring innovative ideas to life.
So, if this is you then we’re the match for you. And you’ll love it here because:
• We empower our people to explore, learn, and grow
• We develop cutting edge technology that makes this world a safer place
• Our teams are small, agile, and collaborative
• We have a global presence that spans every continent (excluding Antarctica), with development centres in Israel and around the world
• We provide many and varied opportunities for individual exploration and career development
• We have a vibrant culture where you can fulfil your bold ambitions
• We encourage creativity and personal expression
We believe that diverse teams drive the greatness of ideas, products, and companies. Whatever your race, gender, age, creed, or taste in music – if you’ve got the drive, commitment, and dedication to be the best, do your best, and work with the best, then come join us. We’re waiting for you.
We can work remotely when required for almost all roles and countries, and make every effort to make the work-from-home experience comfortable and productive for employees. And whether you’re working from home or in an office, your health and wellbeing are always our top priority.