Business Support Project Manager| Deloitte RADC
The Project Support Centre is a key function within the RADCs that provides project management within our audit and assurance practice.
We’re seeking a Business Support Project Manager to work with some of our key clients.
By joining the Project Support Centre you will have an opportunity to develop and expand your career due to the wide variety of opportunities available. By becoming an integral part of this group, you will be working to deliver quality work for the audit and assurance teams and our clients that will have a direct impact on the market.
You will lead a team, including collaboratively working with Senior Project Support Associates, to handle HR and day to day queries to ensure a culture of transparency where all members of the team feel valued. We foster a culture of continuous development; you will take ownership of the performance and development of the members within your team through motivating and encouraging them to create a strategic impact.
Your role will be integral to the audit and assurance teams – the pivotal role in coordinating project delivery. The role is expected to develop but involves a mix of responsibilities depending on the ‘point in time’ needs of the project, including Project Management
- Using the project planning templates and guidance to support the client-facing team with the planning of the project;
- Managing, monitoring and controlling the project throughout the audit/assurance lifecycle from planning through to completion and debrief; applying the principles of agile methodology throughout;
- Using the debrief guidance pack to lead the project to debrief meeting: Guiding the team through the agenda points; capturing successes, challenges and solutions; logging actions in the debrief action tracker;
- Managing project finances: Preparing and reviewing budgets; billing; coordination and tracking of fees and invoices; analyzing, monitoring and reporting project finances; dealing with general finance queries;
- Updating and ongoing review of Deloitte’s internal resource management system so that client-facing teams have the most up to date view of the project’s resourcing position. Acting as a liaison between the scheduling team and client-facing team to address any scheduling issues;
- Establishing meeting and communication governance structure, setting agendas and coordinating the implementation of this;
- Action tracking: Allocating deadlines and responsible people, and chasing completion
- Collating, logging and tracking project risks and issues, regularly highlighting these to the client-facing team. You may be required to monitor the risk mitigation plan;
- Coordinating the document review process. This involves working with the client-facing team and using the project plan to build a document review timeline and schedule, coordinating the implementation of this;
- Acting as a liaison between the client and the client-facing team to manage client expectations and deliverables;
- Acting as the key liaison between the client-facing team and centres of excellence/delivery centres through regular communication;
- Coordinating all parties to deliver a cohesive client experience, including specialists and component teams as required;
- Engaging with senior stakeholders across the project.
- Working collaboratively with Deloitte and client project managers to support the successful delivery of the project
- Responsible for the performance and development of multiple senior associates and the junior team members they supervise;
- Managing and leading associates: Holding one-to-ones, coaching, mentoring and knowledge sharing;
- Empowering experienced senior associates to lead more junior team members;
- Oversight and management of the team’s workload, capacity, overtime and annual leave;
- Managing and monitoring the team’s absence in line with Deloitte policy;
- Managing teams HR issues in line with policy;
- Supporting the team’s wellbeing using tools and resources in the firm;
- Escalation point for team’s client-facing teams;
- Acting as a coach for team members within the wider department;
- Supporting the recruitment of new team members in candidate selection events;
- Supporting and implementing management’s vision for the direction of the department;
- Managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
- Minimum of two years’ experience integrating into a project team; having effectively managed risks, issues, dependencies and finances;
- Proven ability to deliver initiatives on time, on schedule with the required level of quality;
- Experience in developing project timelines and working on a project plan;
- Strong supervisory and people leadership skills and experience;
- A high level of coaching and mentoring experience;
- Excellent time management, communication and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to manage changing priorities and competing demands;
- Strong stakeholder management, influencing and team playing skills;
- Very driven and proactive;
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills;
- Where applicable, applicants will need to be willing to spend some of their time-based at the client site, alongside the Deloitte onsite team.
- Modern offices with excellent facilities;
- Good work-life balance – predictable working hours;
- An office-based job with limited/no travel;
- Working in a multi-national environment with Deloitte professionals from across Europe
- Extensive training;