Product Release Support Engineer
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Luxoft Romania active
View all jobs Product Release Support Engineer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Telecommunication active on Hipo.ro
Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company, (NYSE: DXC), is a digital strategy and software engineering firm providing bespoke technology solutions that drive business change for customers the world over. Luxoft uses technology to enable business transformation, enhance customer experiences, and boost operational efficiency through its strategy, consulting, and engineering services. Luxoft combines a unique blend of engineering excellence and deep industry expertise, specializing in automotive, financial services, travel and hospitality, healthcare, life sciences, media and telecommunications. Luxoft is well known for its consistent high level of delivery and complex project management, its premier digital engineering talent, exceptional client focus, and agility, creativity, and remarkable problem-solving capabilities.
Automation, OSPF (Open Shortest Path First), BGP (Border Gateway Protocol), VPN, VMware vCenter, Juniper, Networking, Arista, Cisco Switches/Routers
About the Project: Our client is looking for Product Release Support Engineers with Networking and Test Automation skillset, who will be defining and maintaining the Quality Release Gate for our Customer. This Team will have the ownership to define the process, debug all aspects of the Products' functionality in its release cycle and work closely together with our Test and Framework Development Team to identify root causes, raise issues accordingly to feature or test developers and triage problems. This team will also collaborate closely with the Customer's Developer Team on feature issues and thus reduce the number of flaws in the Product. The Customer relies on us to keep a healthy and real PASS rate of the tests in order to maintain a high-performance product and demonstrable quality metrics (Quality Gate). The current in-place process is not scaling up to the agile release strategy of the Customer's products.
Thus, the ideal candidate has deep knowledge of computer networking, as well as automation skills necessary to understand and debug efficiently the various testing scenarios (strong preference is Python, as the framework and tests are written in Python). Prior experience with distributed systems is highly desirable.
Our current team: Our current Test and Framework Development Team is comprised of experienced Automation and Manual QA Engineers, working in an agile process of Product Lifecycle Management. This team will provide close assistance to the Release Support Team.
Tools and Technologies used: Python 2.x /3.x, Atlassian Suite, Selenium Webdriver 3, Jenkins, Bitbucket, Git, KVM/vCenter, Linux, Docker, Ixia,
Opportunities: Debug all functional aspects of the Products and Test Framework, gaining experience in a wide area of technologies and devices (Advanced Applied Python knowledge, Cisco, Arista, Cumulus, etc.). Work in a Docker environment. Define the Quality Gate process with the help of our existing team, maintaining it and having ownership over it. Collaborate closely with our local team and with the Customer's team. Contribute to automated test case development and framework development when the QG is GREEN and/or workload need is low (e.g. between release-end - release-start) - to keep a flexible, challenging work content and thus keep people motivation levels high, as well as work efficiency.
- Contribute to the quality strategy of the products by developing and maintaining the Quality Release Gate process
- Run and debug automated integration and system tests in Python
- Work closely with the engineering team to isolate and resolve defects in a timely manner
- Work closely with our local team to debug framework and test related issues
- Create bug reports when issues arise and track them through completion.
- Triage failures per severity and prioritize as necessary.
- Contribute to automation and framework development when needed.
Reasons to join us:
• Attractive salary and benefits package
• We invest into your professional training including business domain knowledge, and allow you to grow your professional career.
• We encourage creative-thinking into an open-minded work environment. Frequently the relaxation rooms are the place where the most ambitious ideas are born.
• We are not just professional teams, we are also friends that have fun working together
If you are an active person and you feel motivated by the creation/development of the software solutions, then this is the place to be, you will not get bored.