INTERNSHIP MOBILE ENGINEER @Betfair Romania Development
Who we are:
Betfair Romania Development is the development powerhouse behind the Paddy Power Betfair Group. We are in Cluj-Napoca since 2009, now employing over 900 highly skilled professionals who cover a wide range of tech and non-tech areas such as development, data, information security, infrastructure, product and project management, digital marketing or sports operations.
We work on delivering unrivalled products across the industry, therefore being a Center of Excellence not only amongst PPB's European offices but also for supporting our colleagues at Sportsbet (AUS) and FanDuel (US) in creating a safe and exciting experience to our customers around the world.
At Betfair Romania Development, we know that an inclusive workplace makes for more engaged employees. As an industry leader, we continuously strive to maintain and grow a diverse and inclusive environment whilst also ensuring that we set the standards in ethical conduct and corporate responsibility.
Think Betfair. Experience Different.
It is no question that we, as a business, thrive on leveraging the power of people. We have a passion for innovation and a pace of change that creates a whirlwind of opportunities. At Betfair Romania Development, we believe in experiencing different. If you're tired of business as usual and want to create something new, you'll love it here. Quick-thinking, adaptable and disruptive, we believe the future is what you make it. Welcome to software development with a difference.
This is our challenge:
- Delivering product at scale for over 5 million customers, 99,9% of transactions in less than a second
- Our systems process more than 7 million transactions every day (more than all the European stock exchanges combined)
- Deliver high transitional products, serving more than 2.5Bn calls a day
- Diverse and up to date technical landscape to explore, leverage and innovate
- The products you'll develop will comply with ambitious uptime targets: less than 50 minutes downtime expected per year
- Continuous Integration, Deployment and Testing
What you are going to do:
We are looking for a dedicated, self-motivated, driven, technical graduate to work in a team of engineers developing for and feature-improving a highly available product using technologies like Swift, UIKit or related tools.
- Review product specifications in order to give development estimates and product feedback.
- Innovative technical design and creation of technical specifications.
- Work in an Agile environment.
- Software creation, adhering to and feeding back into departmental standards and guidelines.
- Technical documentation that shares knowledge effectively.
- Self-learning is considered to be a plus.
- Creative problem solver with the sense of ownership.
- Communicate effectively with project stakeholders.
- Open to learning and getting in contact with other technology stack (like Android, HTML, etc.)
- Your voice will have an impact through your recommended modifications to processes and procedures, and directly contribute to standard methodologies, architecture, and implementation;
This position involves working with and be part of a cross-skilled development team and will have regular contact with teams looking after other aspects of Paddy Power products & tools.
- Technical or computer science background or a similar qualification;
- Knowledge in the field of Object-Oriented Software Development preferably with Objective C/Swift
- Understanding of and experience with application architectures (client/server, web, database).
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Good communication skills (English) are required (both verbal and written);
What you can expect:
- 25 days of annual leave;
- Free breakfast;
- Sharesave scheme;
- „Flexible Benefits” of your choice;
- Private health insurance (includes dental insurance and health assessments);
- Free parking;
- Thousands of courses online through ‘Udemy'
- Working from home options
Ways of working:
Flexible working is our way of working! We're a diverse workforce and therefore a 'one size fits all' approach isn't necessarily best. Whatever your personal needs may be, let's have a chat and see how we can accommodate them;
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only the suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview.
By submitting your application online, you agree that: your details will be used to progress your application for employment. If your application is successful, your details will be used to administer your personnel record. If your application is unsuccessful, we will retain your details for a period no longer than two years, in order to consider you for prospective Paddy Power Betfair role.