Manufacturing Engineering Team Leader – Job Description
Garrett is a cutting-edge technology provider that enables vehicles to become safer, more connected, efficient and environmentally friendly. We lead the development of innovative and differentiated solutions which empower the transportation industry to redefine and further advance motion. We partner with the world’s leading car and truck manufacturers, creating the turbocharging, electric boosting and connected vehicle systems central to the latest generation of fuel efficient and lower emissions vehicles.Requirements
To become our new colleague, you must have the following skills and qualifications:
• Technical university graduate
• Good knowledge of assembly processes / mechanical processing in the mechanical industry
• Knowledge of or related to quality assurance
• Minimum 3 years experience in the production or technical department in the mechanical industry.
• Fluent in English. Italian can be considered an advantage
• Good knowledge of PC operation (MS Office)
• Good knowledge of technical drawing and Autocad
• Flexibility, very good communication skills
• Planning and coordination skills
• Enthusiastic, motivated, team spirit
As our new colleague, you will be in charge with:
• In charge with coordinating projects according to PDO in terms of growth, standardization, improvements and cost reduction.
• Proposes investment program according to internal processes to consolidate the Annual Operating Plan (AOP).
• Follows the installed capacity compared to the production volumes, identifies the capacity increase needs and coordinates the purchase of equipment in this direction.
• Defines the theoretical capacity of the equipment.
• Coordinates the activity of drawing up the technical specifications for the new equipment and the improvement of the existing ones.
• Participates in the writing of technical specifications for new products.
• Responsible with monitoring and improving OEE and RTY indicators.
• Proposes and implements solutions to improve the technological processes, quality and productivity.
• Actively contributes to the continuous improvement of the factory's performance: constantly identifies opportunities to eliminate losses and proposes solutions to improve own activity and the factory.
• Coordinates the activity of reception, implementation and homologation of the equipment.
• Coordinates the activity of installing new products and provides support for their approval.
• Participates in the assessment of manufacturability risks for new products.
• Coordinates the activity of defining the layout of the machines and the optimal production flow.
• Defines and communicates with the process quality department the systems and devices towards the prevention of operating errors (including Poka-Yoke).
• Coordinates the training activity of the production and maintenance departments for new equipment.
• Provides support to HSE department to identify and solve all safety and ergonomic issues.
• Participates in environmental audits (ISO 14001), quality systems (ISO-OS).
• Establishing development plans (technical & behavioral) for subordinates, insures succession planning.
• Conducts annual evaluations of subordinate employee performance based on individual goals and Garrett behaviors.
If you wish to be part of our team, we are offering:
• Training programs;
• Career growth opportunities on various exciting projects or in the people management area;
• Experienced leaders to help you guide and support your professional development;
• Diverse, international and multicultural work environment;
• Competitive salary and an attractive benefits package;
• A fast-paced and dynamic work environment full of challenging and interesting work;