Environment Protection Specialist
AECOM is a global network of experts working with clients, communities and colleagues to develop and implement innovative solutions to the world’s most complex challenges.
Delivering clean water and energy. Building iconic skyscrapers. Planning new cities. Restoring damaged environments. Connecting people and economies with roads, bridges, tunnels and transit systems. Designing parks where children play. Helping governments maintain stability and security.
We connect expertise across services, markets, and geographies to deliver transformative outcomes. Worldwide, we design, build, finance, operate and manage projects and programs that unlock opportunities, protect our environment and improve people’s lives.
Imagine it. Delivered.
• Minimum BS degree in Ecology, Geology, Hydrogeology, Earth Sciences and/or Engineering (environmental, chemical).
• 3 to 5 years’ experience in environmental consulting or related field, including in carrying out environmental protection studies
• Knowledge of national specific regulations and international best practices in environment protection
• Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
• Capable of using spreadsheet, word processing and standard office software.
• Must possess strong leadership skills and work well in a team environment.
• Must have strong organizational skills and ability to follow documentation protocols.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
• An understanding of environmental investigation practices, procedures and regulatory reporting requirements.
AECOM is actively seeking a highly motivated mid-level ecologist, geologist, biologist, chemist or environmental engineer in order to provide GDS remote support for multiple O&G programs across North America. This role will support ongoing environmental investigations, remediation implementation and performance monitoring for various O&G clients. It will also include performing environmental studies and reports. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in environmental field data collection including drilling, soil logging, well installation and soil, groundwater and vapor sample collection. In addition, the candidate will have some experience in data management and basic technical report production. Additionally, this candidate will be willing and able to take instruction and learn new skills remotely from multiple O&G teams across North America. Strong verbal and written communication skills are critical for this role.
Tasks will include:
• Assist on a remote basis with task planning, geological and hydrogeological data analysis, and reporting for environmental investigations under general direction of the project team.
• Basic processing and interpretation of field data, including soil logging, groundwater sampling, fluid level gauging and oversight of field surveys, drilling, well installation, development operations and remediation system O&M data.
• Elaboration of environmental studies.
• Supporting tasks, include basic data analysis, summary table and reports preparation.
• Coordinate work and seek input as appropriate from the project team and technical resources to ensure work is performed consistent with the project expectations.
• Evaluates and enters field data and applies technical principles and theories.