Senior Internal Audit Consultant
You don’t join Mazars by coincidence, you choose Mazars: a global school of excellence where you will be challenged to develop and grow. Because our people determine our success, not everyone makes the cut. Progression is tied to education, empowering you to match your career to your aspirations both within and outside our firm. With our track record of uninterrupted growth, our people play a central role in what Mazars and our clients do next. We expect your contribution and reward your ingenuity. Come and write the rest of (y)our story with us – you’ll make friends along the way too. Mazars, the smart choice.Cerinte
• 4 – 6 years of experience in internal audit, financial audit or financial advisory
• Internal Control/Internal Audit knowledge and/or experience, having a good understanding of internal controls framework (SOX is a big plus) and appreciation for the risks and mitigating controls
• Accountancy degree or equivalent experience CIA, ACCA courses, exams or qualifications is a plus
• IFRS experience, having an understanding of IFRS and appreciation for the risks in applying and financial reporting implications of IFRS
• Nice to have the familiarity with IFRS having been involved in audit of IFRS financial statement
• Open minded, decisive, strong business mindset & flexible
• Excellent analytical and communication skills
• Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple assignments
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels
What you’ll do:
• Be a member of project teams, involved in Internal Audit Projects, Internal Controls testing and Process Improvement Projects.
• Assist in the preparation of project deliverables, reports and presentations.
• Assist in the ongoing development of the Internal Audit practice and perform day to day work to evaluate processes and controls to manage financial, operational, technology, and regulatory risks of our clients.
• Be part and have exposure in client meetings, collect and filter information from clients, work with an international team
• Analyze client's business processes, identify the associated risks and come up with action plans to mitigate these risks and to bring the business back in control.
• Work together with the client to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the business processes, systems and organization.
• Support the evaluation of the adequacy and timeliness of management’s response and the corrective action taken on audit recommendations.
• Draft audit reports and present audit results at Board level (Audit Committee).
• Become acquainted with different sectors and (inter)national working environments.
• Participate in special projects, including process optimizations.
What we offer:
• A competitive financial package, including but not limited to meal tickets, health insurance, yearly performance bonuses and, based on your tenure within Mazars, private pension fund
• A blended working schedule, prioritizing working remote and your safety
• An environment where personal development is encouraged
• Intensive training through internal and external training sessions
• Support in obtaining relevant professional qualifications, full program costs supported by Mazars and extra 5 days/year for training purposes
• A people focused organizational culture of continuous learning and coaching