Our vision and purpose: “Our purpose is to empower an intelligent, sustainable and connected world. For more than a century, we have been putting smart tools in the hands of people in every sector of our society, creating intelligent technologies that drive positive change. We remain committed to this effort, leaving no one behind.” - Börje Ekholm, President and CEO, Ericsson
So..who is Ericsson today and, how does it support you and the community?
In a world that is increasingly complex, we are on a quest for easy. We are creating game changing technology that is easy to use, adapt and scale, enabling our customers to capture the full value of connectivity.
Find out how our IoT, 5G and automation technology stands ready to unlock a wave of new value
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we’ve made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology. This is a place where you're welcomed as your own perfectly unique self, and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in?
Come, and be where it begins.
Our Exciting Opportunity!
We are looking for a System Administrator for maintenance and troubleshooting activities on Linux and Windows servers, physical and virtualized. Also, they will be responsible for the specific maintenance activities for the applications running on those servers, assuring platform availability for the application users, as well as for the data flows and scheduled tasks.
To be successful in the role you must have
• Proven experience in system administration: 4-5 years;
• Linux knowledge;
• One of the followings: Bash, Python, Perl;
• Strong understanding of virtualization, cloud concepts, cloud components, and cloud management experience;
• Fluency in English.
Nice to have
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Polytechnics;
• Exposure to IT systems at the administration level (storages, backup solutions, monitoring systems);
• Networking and basic routing (CISCO courses represents an advantage);
• Database very basic knowledge – basic query level (any of Oracle, Sybase, MySQL, MS SQL, MS Access);
• Administration or user experience with Performance Management Systems (data processing, parsing, database loading, and export/visualization).
• Perform both proactive and reactive activities in a scheduled manner or on-demand;
• Act before problems become critical: system/hardware failures, hanged processes, scripts not having desired output, application errors, data flow ensuring that the services provided are continuously available and performing up to Service Level Agreement (SLA) performance levels;
• Understand the customer’s network and systems architecture, collaborate closely with applications specialists, operations staff, and users to determine requirements, and provide quick resolution for technical issues.
What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won’t develop for the status quo but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
We offer you competitive benefits!
25 vacation days/year;
Medical & life insurance;
Career plan mentoring;
Competitive referral bonuses for recommending your friends to work at Ericsson;
WFH & Flexible Working Hours;
Flexible benefits from your favorite brands available on the flexible benefits portal;
Gym subscription (available in flex benefits together with a series of other options);
Internal learning platform to develop your knowledge, skills, and proficiencies & curated external content articles, videos, courses, podcasts, and books from external libraries such as Skillsoft, Pluralsight, Big Think, EdX, TED Talks, Khan Academy, YouTube, and the open web itself (learning platform mobile-enabled);
In the case of travel, daily allowance, transport, and accommodation will be paid by the company;