Senior Oracle Database Administrator
Provide support for all database related issues
Would you like to work in one of the most stable areas of the moment? Come and work for Orange!
We'll recruit you from the safety of your home and we'll prepare you for the challenges of this time - your activity will be carried out remotely, during the whole period of the pandemic, and then you will work at the dedicated Orange headquarter.
Orange Romania is looking for a colleague to be part of the Database Infrastructure team in charge of managing Oracle Databases.
What you will be doing:
- Provide support for all database related issues -- performance, security, locks, bugs, connectivity, auditing etc.
- Patch and migrate existing databases
- Try out new tools and technologies and share your findings and best practices with the whole team
- Design architecture for databases based on requests and needs
- Develop automation using shell scripting to automate repetitive tasks
- Review the environment and have initiatives to reduce failures, defects and improve performance
- Create documentation for automated tasks, special procedures, etc.
- Participate in rotating on call duty with team members
What you need to know
- Installation, configuration, monitoring of Oracle Databases deployed on Linux platforms
- Good knowledge about High Availability ( Oracle RAC with ASM) and Disaster Recovery solution (Oracle Data Guard)
- Good query tuning and performance tuning skills
- Knowledge about Linux shell scripting
- Languages : English
Who you are:
- You are able to work comfortably in a fast-changing environment on interesting technical challenges
- You need to be prepared to assimilate new technologies very fast and self-driven for implementing them across transversal projects.
- You have a passion for efficiency, performance and continuous improvement
- You are all about sharing and collaboration with your team mates
- You are able to understand and explain technical concepts to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences
[Orange Perks] What's in it for you, should you choose to work for a TOP EMPLOYER?
- Contract type: Full Time
- Performance Bonuses - Biannually, based on your results & the company's;
- Other Bonuses - for Excellence in Innovation & Profit sharing plan;
- Loyalty Bonuses, if you extend your stay;
- Electronic Meal Tickets - as you imagine;
- Medical & Life insurance for you / facilities for your family, too;
- Work From Home & Flexible Working Hours;
- Short Friday & Hello HUB - a different kind of office, should you need a change of scenery;
- Professional GSM subscription;
- Personal GSM subscription, also [because we believe in communication!];
- Special grants on Smartphones & devices;
- Discounts & installments for Orange products & services;
- Orange Learning, Remote Learning, Trainings & Career plan mentoring;
- Well-being Program - we support your Zen;
- Flexible benefits [like special discounts on Gym subscriptions, Tickets for your infant's nursery, Pension Package or other things you might be interested in];
- In case of travel: daily allowance, transport and accommodation.
- & more!
Apply and let's have a remote-talk - we care for our candidates, all the interview stages are online!
From ORANGE with love - a digital company