Our purpose at Goodyear is to build trust and to create an environment where associates are inspired by work. We believe in our people and we embrace change in order to engage and enable associates to realize their full potential.
If you want to be part of a great team, based in Bucharest, to work in a fast paced, world class organization, then you are in the right place because we have the perfect job for you!
You can count on our flexible working hours and work from home benefits.
Just apply and let’s meet to discuss more about what we could offer you more and about your career opportunities!
Founded in 1898, The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company manufactures its products in 48 facilities in 21 countries, and has one of the most recognizable brand names in the world. Its global headquarters is in Akron, Ohio, USA.
In Romania, Goodyear Dunlop has been present since 1999 and it is represented by two different legal entities, Goodyear Dunlop Tires (Sales Office) and Goodyear Operations.
Goodyear Operations Romania is the Global Business Services Center of Goodyear Dunlop EMEA. The GBS Center in Bucharest started back in July 2011. The core mission of the Center has always been to provide internal customer satisfaction with the shared responsibility of delivery - Driving performance as ONE TEAM.
• Bachelors degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Technology, Business Administration or a related discipline
• 3 or more years of Java development experience
• Advanced expertise of Java and Java frameworks such as JakartaEE, Spring, Quarkus. Strong knowledge of agile methodologies (Scrum, TDD, DevOps,etc.)
• Experience in enterprise grade software development, working with modern development technologies and methodologies (Java frameworks, Scrum, TDD, DevOps, Middleware, databases, Unix/Linux). Basic knowledge of the current Office Product Suite.
• Understanding of Business Process Area supported - Continued growth in understanding company culture and business practices
• Ability to work under broad supervision & interact with user representatives on a regular basis. Ability to build customer relationships through delivery of stable working solutions and follow-up. Strong organizational, communication and time management skills. Ability to complete assignments on time and with minimal errors
• 40%: Design, architect, develop and release Digital Business Solutions to support key business functions for R&D, testing systems, engineering and manufacturing platforms. This includes: custom software solutions, cloud platforms and 3rd party components (programs, processes, configuration) - All the while working within a larger system scope. Uses proper design patterns within software application code, continually refactoring as necessary. Develop and completes unit tests to support production code using test driven development techniques. Works with product owner and team members to understand requirements. Monitor code quality and technical debt and make sure agreed upon targets are met.
• 25%: Perform troubleshooting and investigation activities as it relates to technology incidents/outages/bugs. Develop break-fix solutions to problems involving causes that are not obvious. Identify and respond to problems by diagnosing and correcting errors that do not have a known cause. Provide advise and implement secure technical solutions necessary to ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability of systems. Write and maintain all documentation supporting primary area of responsibility.
• 15%: Investigate and report on latest information technologies, techniques and processes that could digitaly enable business strategies. Increase breadth and depth of technical knowledge by expanding knowledge base.
• 10%: Expand use of current information technologies, techniques and processes as they apply to Goodyear. Increase breadth and depth of technical knowledge by expanding knowledge base.
• 10%: Leverage development toolchain to automate and streamline whenever possible the software development process.
• Competitive salary package
• Free private medical services
• Flexible benefits from your favorite brands available on flexible benefits portal
• 25 vacation days/year
• Referral bonuses for new hires recommended by you
• WFH & Flexible Working Hours
• discount price to purchase Goodyear tires;
• discount on products and services through agreed partnerships.