Junior Structural Engineer / Designer
AECOM is a global network of experts working with clients, communities and colleagues to develop and implement innovative solutions to the world’s most complex challenges.
Delivering clean water and energy. Building iconic skyscrapers. Planning new cities. Restoring damaged environments. Connecting people and economies with roads, bridges, tunnels and transit systems. Designing parks where children play. Helping governments maintain stability and security.
We connect expertise across services, markets, and geographies to deliver transformative outcomes. Worldwide, we design, build, finance, operate and manage projects and programs that unlock opportunities, protect our environment and improve people’s lives.
Imagine it. Delivered.
- education/degree: structural engineer;
- Capability with 2D and/or 3D CAD design;
- familiar with design codes and standards and with the other technical or legal applicable requirements/regulations;
- can read and understand construction drawings;
- basic knowledge of the process of preparing drawings and structural 3D models, using project specifications and discipline-associated written and verbal instructions in accordance with established design practices, standards, and procedures;
- under direct supervision, may develop medium engineering drawings and 3D models;
- basic understanding of engineer’s process of performing and verifying design calculations to support the overall project design.
- understands and able to use vendor documents as reference for assigned tasks;
- has a fair level of knowledge of discipline’s CAD tools such as AutoCAD 2D & 3D, Revit, (Advance Steel and Microstation can be a plus);
- basic level of knowledge of the following specific discipline software for structural analysis and design: SAP 2000/ETABS (Staad Pro) represents a plus;
- basic level of understanding and experience in the areas of structural analysis and design for steel and reinforced concrete structures or foundations represents a plus;
- able to learn and use other CAD tools requested by the project Scope;
- good communications and analytical skills but also capable to interface with other in-house disciplines: Architectural, Piping/Mechanical, Electrical, Process;
- able to work within an international team environment;
- English language – intermediate level;
Preparing drawings and 3D models specific to Structural Discipline.