Mechanical Calculation Engineer
ALTEN Romania, part of the international ALTEN Group - with a unique position as Leader in IT & Engineering Consulting, provides support for its clients’ development strategies in the fields of innovation, R&D and IT systems since 1996. The company comprises 2 divisions specialized on its core capabilities: ENGINEERING and IT. These two divisions are: ALTEN TECHNO and ALTEN KEPLER.Cerinte
About our open position: Mechanical Calculation Engineer
• As a Mechanical Calculation Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, validating, and calculating train body elements.
A typical day might include the following:
• Realizing 2D and 3D drawings in order to define allocated volumes and to validate the final train design;
• Dimensioning the car body shell;
• Defining, optimizing, testing, and checking structural gluing/welds;
• Designing and calculating mechanical assemblies.
To ensure success in this role, you need the following experience and skills:
• Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Engineering;
• Experience in a similar role:
• Good knowledge of Finite Element Analysis (FEA);
• Good knowledge of stress and fatigue calculation;
• Good knowledge of main requirements linked to mechanical integration (weight distribution, mounting and cleaning easiness, maintainability/accessibility, perceived quality;
• Knowledge of equipment integration: materials, interfaces, installation rules, volume and weight, accessibility;
• Advanced level of English;
• Experience with Microsoft Office Pack.