Front-end Developer for Free Products team in Portal
As part of United Internet Group, with more than 9400 employees and 25 million fee-based customer contracts, we are Europe’s leading internet specialist and largest hoster. Building the roof for strong brands such as 1&1, IONOS, STRATO, GMX, WEB DE, MAIL COM, 1&1 Versatel, and the Drillisch Online brands, United Internet offers a broad portfolio of Internet access products and cloud applications.
Present in Romania since 2003, we are an Engineering Centre that lives and breathes technology.
The use of cloud-native technologies shapes our engineering culture, microservices combined with a DevOps attitude and an innovative mindset. We have a customer-centric culture where every colleague contributes to our products’ design and success, working closely with teams in Bucharest and abroad. Our strength lies in our team spirit and positive and respectful interaction. In Romania, we have passionate teams sustaining the business segments of Access/Telecommunication, Mail & Media, and Hosting, working and enjoying the 1&1 culture together.
About the team:
1&1 Mail & Media operates Web DE and GMX, two of Germany's most gigantic Internet portals, and an Internet portal catering to an international audience. Through these brands, we can reach over 40 million users monthly, hosting 55% of Germany’s email accounts. In addition to a sizeable editorial news section and Germany's by far most popular free e-mail service, 1&1 Mail & Media offers paid subscriptions to various internet-based services, such as paid e-mail accounts, virus protection software, or web hosting services. In Romania, we are developing applications related to calendaring, document editing (where we integrate Libre Office Online, an Open Source project to which we also contribute), messaging, and web hosting.
About the products:
The Free Products team is responsible for several products in the GMX (de, com) / web de / mail com ecosystems:
- Online Office (Editor and Viewer)
- Mail Support Tool
- Implement new features based on requirements received from the Product Owner
- Focus on code quality, security and scalability (through code reviews, industry standards compliance)
- Participate in the product's architecture when needed
- Closely collaborate with the other team members and stakeholders and with colleagues responsible for different products to achieve a high level of integration between systems.
- Proficient with browser testing and debugging
- Advanced experience with git and build tooling (for example, npm, webpack, gulp, less, sass)
- Experience with recent and relevant frontend frameworks (for example, Angular, React or others)
- Optional, some experience with CI/CD (Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Excellent communication skills
- Willing and expected to train other team members
- English language is a must.