Machine Learning Engineer for Portal Products team in Mail & Media
As part of United Internet Group, with more than 9400 employees and 25 million fee-based customer contracts, we are Europe’s leading internet specialist and largest hoster. Building the roof for strong brands such as 1&1, IONOS, STRATO, GMX, WEB DE, MAIL COM, 1&1 Versatel, and the Drillisch Online brands, United Internet offers a broad portfolio of Internet access products and cloud applications.
Present in Romania since 2003, we are an Engineering Centre that lives and breathes technology.
Our engineering culture is shaped by cloud native technologies, microservices combined with a DevOps attitude and an innovative mindset. We have a customer-centric culture where every colleague contributes to our products’ design and success, working closely with teams in Bucharest and abroad. Our strength lies in our team spirit and positive and respectful interaction. In Romania, we have passionate teams sustaining the business segments of Access/Telecommunication, Mail & Media, and Hosting, working and enjoying the 1&1 culture together.
About the team
1&1 Mail & Media operates WEB.DE & GMX, two of Germany's largest Internet portals and an Internet portal catering to an international audience with mail.com. Through these brands, we can reach over 40 million users monthly, hosting 55% of Germany’s email accounts. In addition to a sizeable editorial news section and Germany's by far most popular free e-mail service, 1&1 Mail & Media offers paid subscriptions to various internet-based services, such as paid e-mail accounts, virus protection software or web hosting services. In Romania, we are developing applications related to calendaring, online office editor and viewer (we are active contributors to open source Libre Office community), messaging, fax solution, lottery and web hosting products. Development Romania Portal Products is looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to work in one of our product teams in Bucharest. You will work together with a creative and innovative group of people that love experimenting and learning new things. We are an international team that breaks barriers and solves real customer and business problems.
- Understanding business requirements based on customer needs
- Preparing data for training the models or selecting pre-trained models
- Selecting the best models (performance, speed)
- Deploying those models into production
We are currently looking for a colleague to help us further develop these great products:
- You have experience developing applications in the area of Computer Vision, Text (NLP), Audio, and Forecasting in Cloud environments.
- You have software development experience in Python for Cloud applications (microservices with REST APIs)
- Experience with continuous delivery on Cloud platforms
- Studies in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Machine Learning or a related field