Consultant | VAT
Deloitte is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, and tax services to selected clients.
With access to the intellectual capital of approximately 200,000 people worldwide, member firms focus on client service through a global strategy executed locally in nearly 150 countries. The Romanian office was established in 1992 and nowadays it employs over 600 professionals and provides services to diverse range of local and international clients.
As the firm of choice professional services clients, Deloitte is also the firm of choice for for outstanding professional talent. To uphold our first class reputation and sustain our rapid growth, we are constantly seeking people who can meet the challenges of our working environment.
At Deloitte we value innovative thinking, diverse insights and we strive to offer an exceptional level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism. From the supportive and collaborative culture to the progressive learning and development, you'll experience from day one why Deloitte is a place thousands enjoy working.
Visit now our career website https://jobs2.deloitte.com/ro/en/ to find more about career opportunities, working with us, benefits & culture, and Learning & Development programs.
- Bachelor or master degree (Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Law School or other economic major preferred, but not mandatory); Other specializations (e.g. Engineering, Public Administration) are eligible provided the candidates demonstrate active interest in finance, fiscal and business matters;
- Previous exposure to tax / finance / business environment activities will be appreciated;
- Demonstrates team collaboration, problem solving skills, initiative and economic / business awareness;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (Romanian and English);
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple assignments;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels.
As VAT Consultant:
- Is included in the VAT team and gradually specializes in performing VAT compliance, research, reviews, advisory projects, as well as other types of VAT projects;
- Works under the guidance of more experienced colleagues (Managers, Senior consultants);
- Investigates Romanian and European VAT law provisions and looks for VAT legislative updates, new case law decisions and opinions from the Court of Justice of the European Union and uses Deloitte standard methodologies and knowledge management resources to deliver projects;
- Prepares draft letters / reports for clients on VAT matters, summarizing facts, analyses and specified solutions and recommendations;
- Attends meetings with clients, together with managers and senior consultants;
- Participates to comprehensive local and regional learning programs, local technical meetings on VAT matters or other taxes, as well as undertaking self-study efforts using Deloitte global e-learning platform and other available VAT resources;
- Communicates with domestic and foreign clients, Romanian tax authorities or other authorities.
We thank all applicants in advance for submitting their resumes but please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.