Senior Tax Consultant | VAT
Deloitte is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, and tax services to selected clients.
With access to the intellectual capital of approximately 200,000 people worldwide, member firms focus on client service through a global strategy executed locally in nearly 150 countries. The Romanian office was established in 1992 and nowadays it employs over 600 professionals and provides services to diverse range of local and international clients.
As the firm of choice professional services clients, Deloitte is also the firm of choice for for outstanding professional talent. To uphold our first class reputation and sustain our rapid growth, we are constantly seeking people who can meet the challenges of our working environment.
At Deloitte we value innovative thinking, diverse insights and we strive to offer an exceptional level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism. From the supportive and collaborative culture to the progressive learning and development, you'll experience from day one why Deloitte is a place thousands enjoy working.
Visit now our career website https://jobs2.deloitte.com/ro/en/ to find more about career opportunities, working with us, benefits & culture, and Learning & Development programs.
- University degree;
- 2-4 years of relevant experience in a tax consulting practice, with a major exposure to VAT matters (i.e. specialized in VAT or with more than 75% exposure on VAT advisory);
- Excellent command of Romanian and English - both speaking and writing;
- Very good interpersonal and team-playing skills;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Well organized and able to identify and juggle with priorities.
- Advise clients in a range of different industries on indirect tax matters, particularly VAT;
- Write and review tax advice for the client;
- Assist in delivering and monitoring multiple client engagements;
- Research international and domestic VAT matters, including research and good understanding of VAT case-law of the Court of Justice of the European Union;
- Involved in assisting clients during VAT audits, formulating and delivering tax appeals or supporting argumentation for court cases on VAT;
- Training and mentoring more junior staff;
- Assist Managers and Partners in business development efforts - drafting proposals, client meetings and negotiations.
About the team
Our Indirect Tax department is well positioned for growth and experienced VAT Senior Consultants are needed to support the team in delivering quality service to clients and pursuing new business opportunities.
We thank all applicants in advance for submitting their resumes but please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.