Manager | Global Tax Center (VAT)
Voted the Most Desired Employer in Romania, in the Financial Services Industry, three consecutive times, in the Catalyst surveys, Deloitte Romania provides services in audit, tax, legal, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, business processes as well as technology services, through 2,000 professionals. The Regional Audit Delivery Center (RADC) provides Audit services to various Country Member Firms from Deloitte Central Europe and to their clients. The Tax & Legal Delivery Center (TLDC) offers services focused on 5 service lines: GES (Global Employer Services), Business Tax, Global Tax Center Europe, Global Trade Advisory (GTA) and Legal Center of Excellence (CoE).
Worldwide, Deloitte serves four out of five Fortune Global 500 companies through a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries and territories, with over 330,000 professionals. The organization is recognized among “World’s Best Workplaces™” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune and among “World’s Most Attractive Employers”, by Universum, according to 2020 surveys.
We believe that innovation comes from contrasting disciplines, backgrounds and cultural perspectives and that the innovative solutions our people deliver have to always make an impact that matters. We celebrate individual strengths and we prioritize our people’s well-being.
You bring the ambition, we’ll provide the opportunities.
• A bachelor or master degree with focus on Accountancy/Tax or Economics
• 6 to 9 years of experience in Accountancy/Tax, either in large organizations with shared service centers or in the consulting area
• Fluency in English, any other European language is a strong asset
• A great sense of accuracy and being result oriented
• Strong communication and team skills, with a willingness to work with a Belgian and Indian team
• Good knowledge of MS Office and good IT skills in general
• Lead a fast growing team focusing on pan-eu indirect tax compliance
• Assist multinationals in complying with their indirect tax obligations, all over Europe and beyond
• Assist multinationals on indirect tax compliance related topics (registrations, audits)
• Approve work prepared by juniors and seniors in order to achieve high quality standards set for the team and assist with the development of their skills & knowledge
• Become proficient with the GTCE tools and systems to ensure that your team delivers its work efficiently
• Assist with the development of technology and VAT compliance tools to support new reporting requirements across EMEA
What’s in it for you
• An opportunity to work in a fast growing team at the forefront of tax technological innovation
• The management of GTCE team in Bucharest and full integration with our broader GTCE team
• A broad experience of indirect tax compliance in EMEA and contacts with leading multinationals
• The necessary training and support throughout your career
• An environment where transparency about our mission, vision and strategy for the future is key
Deloitte is a world leading professional services firm, providing accounting and auditing services, management consulting and legal and tax advice. Our offices offer services to multi-national and large organizations, public institutions and innumerable small, fast-growing companies. Thanks to a strong regional presence and our multi-disciplinary approach, we are ideally placed to meet the requirements of a wide range of clients.
Taxation lies at the crossroads of law, business, innovation and technology so it is subject to constant change. We get that. Our young, dynamic and international team of VAT-compliance specialists thrive on this complexity and see opportunities in the digitalization of the business environment. It is what keeps us sharp and makes us trendsetters on the market!
At the Global Tax Compliance Center (GTCE), we deliver services to more than 200 clients, supporting more than 30 jurisdictions in EMEA. GTCE is steered by a team in Belgium, supported by an offshore team in India, and is now investing in building a new talented team in Bucharest. This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join Deloitte GTCE new team in Bucharest as a Global Tax Compliance Senior.