Senior | Global Tax Compliance
Deloitte is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, and tax services to selected clients.
With access to the intellectual capital of approximately 200,000 people worldwide, member firms focus on client service through a global strategy executed locally in nearly 150 countries. The Romanian office was established in 1992 and nowadays it employs over 600 professionals and provides services to diverse range of local and international clients.
As the firm of choice professional services clients, Deloitte is also the firm of choice for for outstanding professional talent. To uphold our first class reputation and sustain our rapid growth, we are constantly seeking people who can meet the challenges of our working environment.
At Deloitte we value innovative thinking, diverse insights and we strive to offer an exceptional level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism. From the supportive and collaborative culture to the progressive learning and development, you'll experience from day one why Deloitte is a place thousands enjoy working.
Visit now our career website https://jobs2.deloitte.com/ro/en/ to find more about career opportunities, working with us, benefits & culture, and Learning & Development programs.
• A bachelor degree with focus on Accountancy/Tax or Economics
• 3 to 6 years of experience in Accountancy/Tax, either in large organizations with shared service centers or in the consulting area
• Fluency in English, any other European language is a strong asset
• A great sense of accuracy and being result oriented
• Strong communication and team skills, with a willingness to work with a Belgian and Indian team
• Good knowledge of MS Office and good IT skills in general
• Assist multinationals in complying with their indirect tax obligations, all over Europe and beyond
• Assist multinationals on indirect tax compliance related topics (registrations, audits)
• Review work prepared by juniors in order to achieve high quality standards set for the team and assist with the development of their skills & knowledge
• Become proficient with the GTCE tools and systems to collect data and generate indirect tax returns
• Assist with the development of technology and VAT compliance tools to support new reporting requirements across EMEA
• Assist indirect tax specialists with analysis and insights through big data
What’s in it for you
• An exciting opportunity to work in a team at the forefront of tax technological innovation
• Full integration with our international GTCE team e.g. inclusion in calls, (online) training
• A broad understanding and practical experience of indirect tax compliance in EMEA
• The necessary training and support throughout your career
• An environment where transparency about our mission, vision and strategy for the future is key
Deloitte is a world leading professional services firm, providing accounting and auditing services, management consulting and legal and tax advice. Our offices offer services to multi-national and large organizations, public institutions and innumerable small, fast-growing companies. Thanks to a strong regional presence and our multi-disciplinary approach, we are ideally placed to meet the requirements of a wide range of clients.
Taxation lies at the crossroads of law, business, innovation and technology so it is subject to constant change. We get that. Our young, dynamic and international team of VAT-compliance specialists thrive on this complexity and see opportunities in the digitalization of the business environment. It is what keeps us sharp and makes us trendsetters on the market!
At the Global Tax Compliance Center (GTCE), we deliver services to more than 200 clients, supporting more than 30 jurisdictions in EMEA. GTCE is steered by a team in Belgium, supported by an offshore team in India, and is now investing in building a new talented team in Bucharest. This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join Deloitte GTCE new team in Bucharest as a Global Tax Compliance Senior.