C++ Developer- Transportation business
The people we all rely on to make the world go round – they rely on Thales. Thales rely on its employees to invent the future: right here, right now.
Present in Romania for over 40 years, Thales is expanding its presence in the country by growing its Digital capabilities and by developing a Group Engineering Competence Centre (ECC). Operating from Bucharest, Thales delivers solutions in a number of core businesses, from ground transportation, space and defence, to security and aeronautics.
Several professional opportunities have arisen. If you are looking for the solidity of a Global Group that is at the forefront of innovation, but with the agility of a human structure that tailors to the personal development of its employees and allows opportunities for evolution in an international environment, then this is the place for you!
We build software applications that allow trains to safely and securely bring passengers to their destination. These applications have high availability requirements, so they are not allowed to stall or randomly crash.
Our application engineering team is seeking a smart and passionate software developer with good understanding of software architecture and design issues as well as solid knowledge of C++, Linux scripting, computer networks.
As part of our team, your responsibilities will include:
· Unit test
The development will be performed in close co-operation with experts in Bucharest / Stuttgart / Dresden and requires traveling between these locations.
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or similar degree;
• Strong C++ development skills;
• Experience with multiple programming languages / scripting languages is needed;
• Very good know-how on: routing, TCP/IP, sockets;
• Strong Linux skills (scripting, configuring);
• Good understanding of software architecture and design issues;
• Advanced level of written and spoken English.
Would be a plus:
• Exposure to Java SE / Eclipse RCP (or willing to learn it) would be a plus;
• Databases (SQL) knowledge;
• Exposure to Perl / Python would be a plus;
• Experience in process oriented development (V-Model, Agile methods).
Great journeys start here.