This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Emerson Croft active
View all jobs Legal Consultant active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Legal Services active on Hipo.ro
We are a Silicon Valley recruitment firm that powers companies used daily by millions of users. We work out of offices on 3 continents, with the majority of us working remotely from home or coworking spaces.Requirements
Kick off your career in the law by joining this fast-growing Silicon Valley startup as a Legal Consultant. As their article recommendation engine gains more customers in more places, the company needs a legal expert to draft contracts, form legal entities, manage compliance with local regulations, and build a high-quality team of assistants and paralegals. Along with day-to-day work, you’ll be called on to think long-term, anticipating conflicts before they happen and developing sound internal policies to head them off.
Since the startup is incorporated in the United States, only applicants with a degree from a U.S. law school will be considered. The ideal candidate has a proven ability to develop and negotiate clear contracts, a strong working knowledge of U.S. corporate law, and the desire to collaborate as part of an evolving team.
This company’s team is completely remote, so excellent communication and time-management skills are a must. As a remote consultant, you’ll have to develop a passion for organizing your professional life. Our client is looking for a driven, fiercely independent leader who’s unafraid of the breakneck pace of startup business.
Our partner’s consultants have no fixed offices or commutes and enjoy complete control over their own hours. Enjoy all these benefits and more — apply now.
1) Create and amend contracts
2) Complete state filings
3) Form legal entities
4) Ensure compliance with laws and regulations
5) Assess and minimize the risks of future legal conflicts
6) Draft internal legal policies
7) Conduct legal research using LexisNexis and/or other available tools
8) Advise senior leadership on strategic corporate decisions
9) Train and supervise junior team members
10) Support the finance team as needed
1) Law degree from an accredited university
2) JD or LLM degree from a U.S. law school
3) Advanced level of English
4) Excellent legal writing and legal research skills
Nice to haves:
1) Experience with the corporate, contract, and/or immigration law in the United States
2) Experience forming legal entities in the United States
3) Experience with international private law