This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Emerson Croft active
View all jobs MEP Engineer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Construction active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Engineering active on Hipo.ro
We are a Silicon Valley recruitment firm that powers companies used daily by millions of users. We work out of offices on 3 continents, with the majority of us working remotely from home or coworking spaces.Requirements
1) MEP design engineering degree from an accredited institution
2) Minimum 3 years of working experience as an MEP design engineer in the residential or commercial space
3) Thorough understanding of mechanical building codes and construction standards
4) Ability to use 3D modeling software to design and calculate MEP systems
5) Ability to generate 3D designs and layouts using AutoCAD or Revit
6) Experience with BIM software such as Navisworks, BIM 360, or Revit
Nice to haves:
1) Experience designing structures in the US
2) Understanding of the differences between building regulations among U.S. states and cities
Seeking an experienced MEP (Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing) Engineer to join a startup that wants to get every human being into a livable home.
Our partner company believes that people shouldn’t have to settle for mere shelter. Everyone deserves the kind of home where they can thrive. Right now, homes that provide space, comfort, and safety are individually crafted, time-intensive products, which makes them expensive. If artificial intelligence could cut unnecessary work out of the construction process, people who struggle to pay rent today could afford to own better housing.
As an MEP engineer on a project in an unexplored space, you’ll have to be ready for the unexpected. You won’t just be using your education and experience to build homes — you’ll also need to apply your creativity to adapt cutting-edge processes from your existing knowledge. Experience with CAD and BIM software is a must, as is a strong understanding of building codes and cost-effective design.
This opening is ideal for an engineer who wants to work part-time and take on an exciting new challenge while increasing aggregate human happiness. You’ll get to blaze new trails in your field while helping ensure that millions of customers have a safe and comfortable place to build their lives. We expect a lot of interest, so don’t wait. Apply today.
1) Undertake mechanical engineering and design duties for HVAC, plumbing, electrical and fire protection systems
2) Design systems that balance cost with user comfort, and comply with all local regulations
3) Investigate factors pertinent to mass-production, including ease of manufacture, tolerancing, availability of materials and equipment, interchangeability, replaceability, strength-weight efficiency, and cost
4) Resolve any design problems that stand in the way of project completion