DevOps Engineer 2
bitExpert - Our pulse is cross-technology software development that beats with every line of code.
Join our international team of more than 80 colleagues. As different as we are, we all have one thing in common – the curiosity about technology and knowledge. We are an experienced, motivated, purposeful and cheerful team that is always looking forward to new challenges.
• are a growing company focusing on web-development
• provide future-oriented software-development with modern methods and tools
• work together with international enterprises, owner-operated companies and digital and com-munication-agencies
• believe in maximum flexibility (work-location, work-hours, topics, methods)
• have high quality standards
• support your personal and professional growth
• welcome your input
• collaborate in small teams with shallow hierarchies
We are recruiting for our growing office based in Bucharest a DevOps Engineer.
Mandatory skills, knowledge, and experience
• Expertise in Linux (various distributions) Administration
• Expertise with Container-based infrastructures (Openshift, Kubernetes, Dockers, etc.)
• Expertise in Windows & VMWare Administration
• Experience with automation/configuration management using tools like Ansible, Chef, or an equivalent
• Experience with middleware components (Apache, Microsoft IIS, Redis, etc.)
• Ability to learn from other members of the team
• Ability to perform tasks with little supervision
• Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
• A working understanding of code and script (PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby)
• Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
• Familiarity with network infrastructure.
• Ability to work well with the team and on various projects (shared team environment)
• Ability to work under pressure and remain decisive.
• Ability to conceptualize problems
• Willingness to learn new things & technologies (Site Reliability engineering direction)
• Communicative competence (pro-active)
• Should be able to mentor junior members of the team.
• Should act as a role model
• Flexible if the workflow is changing
• Fluent English (spoken and written)
• Team player
• A very positive attitude towards life
• Highly motivated
Tasks and activities:
• Supporting remotely of hybrid cloud infrastructure based on the local delivery framework
• Responsible for uptime, performance, reliability, scalability, security, and high availability of infrastructure machines
• Troubleshoot performance issues, OS configuration, and hardware failures and apply fixes
• Support incidents and perform root cause analysis for service interruption issues. Fix the root cause, not the effect.
• Create and implement change requests for incidents/problems as needed
• Ensure compliance with security guidelines
• Work closely with application teams on troubleshooting issues as well as planning requirements for new servers
• To exchange and handover skill and solutions to other areas within our company
• Identify and implement potential points for automation (proactive or agreed upon with customer)
• Agree and define work methodology for DevOps with the customer and us
• Deploy coding and automation based on the customer and our agreed-upon methodology
• Facilitate knowledge sharing by creating and maintaining detailed and comprehensive documentation and diagrams. Maintain expert level of knowledge in areas of expertise.
What we offer:
International team of motivated and experienced people
Work and development in a multinational environment
Opportunity to learn and grow