Tax Analyst | Engineering
Deloitte is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, and tax services to selected clients.
With access to the intellectual capital of approximately 200,000 people worldwide, member firms focus on client service through a global strategy executed locally in nearly 150 countries. The Romanian office was established in 1992 and nowadays it employs over 600 professionals and provides services to diverse range of local and international clients.
As the firm of choice professional services clients, Deloitte is also the firm of choice for for outstanding professional talent. To uphold our first class reputation and sustain our rapid growth, we are constantly seeking people who can meet the challenges of our working environment.
At Deloitte we value innovative thinking, diverse insights and we strive to offer an exceptional level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism. From the supportive and collaborative culture to the progressive learning and development, you'll experience from day one why Deloitte is a place thousands enjoy working.
Visit now our career website https://jobs2.deloitte.com/ro/en/ to find more about career opportunities, working with us, benefits & culture, and Learning & Development programs.
Your professional experience
• Be trained to degree level in an Engineering or Scientific discipline. Some experience in an engineering or science role within industry during your degree course or post-graduation is desirable.
• Be a strong communicator, with good interpersonal awareness skills.
• Be able to work within multi-disciplinary teams, taking responsibility for the technical aspects of R&D claims on the behalf of manufacturing and engineering companies, as well as generating high quality technical reports.
• Be well-organised, able to manage multiple projects and handle conflicting demands in a timely manner.
The UK government provides tax incentives to businesses performing R Deloitte’s R&D tax services group is a market leader in helping clients secure these incentives and is the most experienced team in the UK.
Continued market success has created new opportunities and we are now looking to recruit graduates with an Engineering or Scientific background, to help join this successful team. You will have the opportunity to apply your technical knowledge across a wide range of areas and to help companies identify the R&D claims for these incentives. This R&D can involve activities start from basic research, through to early stage new product & process development, industrial scale trials and ongoing process improvement activity across all areas of engineering and manufacturing.
As an Analyst you will be in a client-facing role from day one, conducting technical interviews and preparing documentation to support R&D tax claims. You will be working with senior technical and finance staff within our client companies where you will need to understand the nature of the work being performed and prepare high quality documentation to explain how projects meet the definition of R&D. Your responsibilities will include:
• Analysing technical data and documentation from clients to support the planning and development of R&D claim methodologies
• Conducting technical interviews with technical experts to understand their R&D activity, and then summarizing the output from these interviews in documentation suitable for non-technical audiences.
• Work within a project team to ensure that the appropriate costs linked to the technical activity are captured within the R&D claims.
• Preparing clear reports for submission to HMRC to explain how our clients R&D claims have been prepared.
• Provide technical input into marketing and sales activity based on your area of engineering or scientific knowledge and experience.
• Work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
Your service line: Tax Consulting
Arguably the most stimulating career environment in our industry, tax at Deloitte is a far cry from tax at other firms. Here, it’s all about collaborating with colleagues at the top of their game, across disciplines, for clients who urge us to constantly push the boundaries of our creativity. You’ll find a diverse mix of people, all working together to deliver best-in-class advice. And you’ll discover a structured programme that will help you develop even greater expertise. From fascinating projects to a wealth of secondment opportunities, both in the UK and overseas, you can enjoy a broad and rich career experience.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
• We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
• We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
• We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
• We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
• We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.