Analyst IT | Research & Development Tax team
Deloitte is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, and tax services to selected clients.
With access to the intellectual capital of approximately 200,000 people worldwide, member firms focus on client service through a global strategy executed locally in nearly 150 countries. The Romanian office was established in 1992 and nowadays it employs over 600 professionals and provides services to diverse range of local and international clients.
As the firm of choice professional services clients, Deloitte is also the firm of choice for for outstanding professional talent. To uphold our first class reputation and sustain our rapid growth, we are constantly seeking people who can meet the challenges of our working environment.
At Deloitte we value innovative thinking, diverse insights and we strive to offer an exceptional level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism. From the supportive and collaborative culture to the progressive learning and development, you'll experience from day one why Deloitte is a place thousands enjoy working.
Visit now our career website https://jobs2.deloitte.com/ro/en/ to find more about career opportunities, working with us, benefits & culture, and Learning & Development programs.
Your professional experience
• An IT/Computer Science degree level education. Some experience in an IT or software development role in industry during your degree course or post-graduation is desirable.
• A strong communicator both orally and through writing, being able to deliver high quality reports.
• Good interpersonal awareness skills, comfortable speaking with clients
• Be technologically curious, having a critical engineering mindset and able to apply appropriate scepticism.
• Have a structured and organised approach to work, complemented with an eye for detail.
• Be well organised, able to manage multiple projects and handling competing demands in a timely manner.
The UK government provides tax incentives to businesses performing R Deloitte’s R&D tax services group is a market leader in helping clients secure these incentives and is the most experienced team in the UK.
Continued market success has created new opportunities and we are looking for an open minded Information Technology (IT)/Computer Science (CS) professionals with both technical and software development knowledge, coupled with excellent communication skills. Knowledge of the full development lifecycle is sought and an appreciation of the types of technical challenges encountered across this lifecycle.
You will be working with both senior technical and finance staff within our client companies and you will need strong communication skills to quickly understand the nature of their work and prepare high quality documentation to explain how this meets the definition of R&D.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will allow you to gain an understanding of a wide variety of cutting edge technologies across different industries. Although this is not a “hands-on” role, you’ll have the opportunity to take a different career route and to maintain exposure to/increase your knowledge of emerging areas of technology and innovation.
As an Analyst within our team you will be in a client facing role from day one, engaging with technical and financial teams, conducting technical interviews, undertaking analyses as you prepare R&D tax claims to be submitted to HMRC. This will require you to draw on your existing IT experience and knowledge, applying it to potentially new areas of technology and industries. You will work as part of a project team alongside tax practitioners to help companies to prepare their claims. You will work on multiple projects in parallel and will therefore have to manage a number of competing demands on your time.
This is your opportunity to be a contributor to our clients’ innovation lifecycle as they seek to maximise their opportunities using technology.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Analysing technical documentation and data from clients to support the development of R&D claim methodologies.
• Conducting efficient technical interviews with clients’ technical experts to understand their R&D activity and then summarising the detail from these interviews in documentation for a non-technical audience.
• Writing clear, compelling reports for appropriate authorities (typically HMRC), based on technical interviews to convey how a client’s technical activity is R&D.
• Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
• Provide technical input into marketing and sales activity based on your area of engineering or scientific knowledge and experience.
Your service line: Tax Consulting
Arguably the most stimulating career environment in our industry, tax at Deloitte is a far cry from tax at other firms. Here, it’s all about collaborating with colleagues at the top of their game, across disciplines, for clients who urge us to constantly push the boundaries of our creativity. You’ll find a diverse mix of people, all working together to deliver best-in-class advice. And you’ll discover a structured programme that will help you develop even greater expertise. From fascinating projects to a wealth of secondment opportunities, both in the UK and overseas, you can enjoy a broad and rich career experience.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
• We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
• We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
• We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
• We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
• We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.