Key Goal: Responsible for all aspects of supporting and maintaining organizational computer systems, software and peripherals.
Who We Are – MassMutual
As the complexity in the world continues to increase, it’s getting hard to get simple. At MassMutual, our vision is to help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. Within MassMutual Technology, we have undergone some recent changes to simplify our organization to deliver on this vision. We will be a dependable partner to our businesses by providing high quality IT services on time and within budget. We will do so by simplifying our architecture to focus on strategically valuable technologies, investing in our people to equip them with skills of the future, and promoting a culture of ownership and delivery.
If this vision excites you, we are seeking an IT Support Engineer to become a MassMutual team member. This is a great opportunity to be a part of the transformational journey at MassMutual. As we continue to grow our business and look for new ways to engage with customers, technology will be one of the most important enablers to our success and you can be a part of it.
Are you ready to be part of a team that implements and manages data integration services across MassMutual Organization, delivering value to multiple stakeholders such as internal operations as well as external customers? We create API and streaming services that are the core to the functioning of several systems in the company.
We are currently seeking an IT Support Engineer to join our local team in Bucharest. The person who will join this role will report to a local manager based in Bucharest.
The IT Support Engineer role will work in partnership with MassMutual customers to support and maintain organizational computer systems, software and peripherals. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all organizational hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal performance in order for the customers to meet their business objectives and overcome problems. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, chat or work order) in a timely, documented and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where and when required. Have the required technical skill set to deliver successful fulfillment of services across multiple Workstation and Infrastructure disciplines.
▪ Desktop, laptop and mobile device support
▪ MAC / Windows expertise / troubleshooting mastery / understand how to build images and install / configure software
▪ Networking / voice expertise – basic understanding
▪ Diagnostic and problem resolution
▪ Hardware and software upgrades and installations
▪ Technical planning for the delivery of current / future technologies
▪ Customer education and consulting
▪ Security consulting
▪ Audit consulting
▪ Fulfill basic to complex audio-visual support
▪ Fulfill basic to complex printer support
▪ Fulfill onboarding, termination, disposal and hardware refresh support
▪ Deliver proactive hardware/software cross training and research
▪ Be on call rotationally 24/7 including major holidays
▪ 3-7 years of related experience
▪ Have the ability to work autonomously and be a key contributor to a team
▪ Be professional and courteous
▪ Continue to grow and develop your professional and technical skill sets
▪ Handle projects or work with defined scope
▪ Work with guidance on team/unit projects
▪ Have problem solving capabilities
▪ Make worthwhile improvements to existing programs, and procedures
▪ Make practical suggestions for improving work processes
▪ Work for consensus and contribute to the achievements of work group goals
▪ Balance travel between locations while exceeding service levels
▪ Advanced English required