Key Goal: Responsible for defining and maintaining the target operating model for investment delivery including technologies, tools, and patterns.
As the complexity in the world continues to increase, it’s getting hard to get simple. At MassMutual, our vision is to help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. Within MassMutual Technology, we have undergone some recent changes to simplify our organization to deliver on this vision. We will be a dependable partner to our businesses by providing high quality IT services on time and within budget. We will do so by simplifying our architecture to focus on strategically valuable technologies, investing in our people to equip them with skills of the future, and promoting a culture of ownership and delivery.
If this vision excites you, we are seeking a Technology Lead to become a MassMutual team member. This is a great opportunity to be a part of the transformational journey at MassMutual. As we continue to grow our business and look for new ways to engage with customers, technology will be one of the most important enablers to our success and you can be a part of it.
Do you want to be part of a team that encourages your growth, supports your ambitions and makes it a priority for you to reach your goals? Is helping people part of who you are? At MassMutual, we help millions of people find financial freedom, offer financial protection and plan for the future. We do this by building trust with our customers by being knowledgeable problem solvers and prioritize their needs above all else. We Live Mutual.
If this sounds like a fit, we’re looking to hire a Technology Lead to join our Investment Delivery Services (IDS) team.
The Technology Lead will work from our Bucharest office while collaborating with the Global MassMutual teams and provide support in the investment delivery services area. The person who will join this role will report to a local manager based in Bucharest.
We’re growing, and our clients deserve the best. As a Technology Lead, you’ll have an opportunity to partner with other experienced technology resources to transform our business processes using a new DevOps delivery model and a cloud first approach. In this role, as well as all roles within MassMutual, you will demonstrate accountability, agility, a dedication to be inclusive, a strong business acumen, and will show courage, even in the most difficult situations. We also highly value strong communication skills, a passion for learning, leadership traits, resilience and self-awareness.
Objectives of this role – What success looks like:
▪ Partner with Enterprise Architecture (EA) to define and maintain the target operating model for investment delivery including technologies, tools, and patterns
▪ Accountable for the architecture strategy for investments including an application/technology inventory and application continuity plans (ACPs)
▪ Define and communicate DevOps standards and best practices across multiple development streams
▪ Define the IDS cloud adoption strategy including standards and best practices
▪ Lead technology implementation of a DevOps delivery model including standing up new technologies, training, and adoption
▪ Provide technology decision support to business as usual (BAU) and project teams
▪ Provide technology governance and controls to ensure compliance with the IDS delivery model standards and best practices
▪ Assist in defining the appropriate level of AWS training across the IDS Team
▪ Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer or business-related field
▪ 8 or more years of experience with designing and implementing complex solutions
▪ Mastery level knowledge and experience with C# application development including .net core, NginX, micro-services, docker, Entity Framework, HTML 5.0, Angular JS, Windows Workflow
▪ Foundation (WWF), Windows Communication Foundation (WCF), MVC, IIS, SQL Server T-Query, SQL Server XQuery
▪ Deep understanding and experience deploying and administering applications on Windows and Linux servers
▪ Deep understanding and experience with DevOps delivery including Jira, GitHub, and Jenkins
▪ Experience with batch job scheduling (TWS/Maestro), orchestration, secure file transfer, XML and XML concepts (schemas, XSD, XSLT), SQL Server/Oracle query and query writing
▪ Skilled leading and/or participating in system design and architectural activities including technical requirement writing experience and ability to lead collaboration for important design decisions.
▪ Experience in AWS cloud application design, development, and deployment including AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional
▪ Strong collaboration skills with the ability to work in a team-based environment including employees, vendors, and third-party contractors
▪ Proven ability to provide technical leadership and guidance to less experienced team members
▪ Strong understanding and adherence to IT SDLC and operational best practices
▪ Must have excellent communication and organization skills
▪ Strong knowledge of ETL development including development patterns, and best practices
▪ Knowledge of Python development including development patterns, and best practices
▪ Knowledge of investment data and/or financial data
▪ Knowledge of data governance and data management technologies and methodologies