Key Goal: Responsible for transforming business processes in the Investment Management stack.
As the complexity in the world continues to increase, it’s getting hard to get simple. At MassMutual, our vision is to help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. Within MassMutual Technology, we have undergone some recent changes to simplify our organization to deliver on this vision. We will be a dependable partner to our businesses by providing high quality IT services on time and within budget. We will do so by simplifying our architecture to focus on strategically valuable technologies, investing in our people to equip them with skills of the future, and promoting a culture of ownership and delivery.
If this vision excites you, we are seeking a Solutions Architect to become a MassMutual team member. This is a great opportunity to be a part of the transformational journey at MassMutual. As we continue to grow our business and look for new ways to engage with customers, technology will be one of the most important enablers to our success and you can be a part of it.
Do you want to be part of a team that encourages your growth, supports your ambitions and makes it a priority for you to reach your goals? Is helping people part of who you are? At MassMutual, we help millions of people find financial freedom, offer financial protection and plan for the future. We do this by building trust with our customers by being knowledgeable problem solvers and prioritize their needs above all else. We Live Mutual.
If this sounds like a fit, we’re looking to hire a Solutions Architect to join our Investment Delivery Services (IDS) team.
The Solutions Architect will work from our Bucharest office while collaborating with the Global MassMutual teams and provide support in the investment delivery services area. The person who will join this role will report to a local manager based in Bucharest.
We’re growing, and our clients deserve the best. As a Solutions Architect you’ll have an opportunity to partner with other experienced technology resources to transform our business processes using a new DevOps delivery model and a cloud first approach. In this role, as well as all roles within MassMutual, you will demonstrate accountability, agility, a dedication to be inclusive, a strong business acumen, and will show courage, even in the most difficult situations. We also highly value strong communication skills, a passion for learning, leadership traits, resilience and self-awareness.
Objectives of this role – What success looks like:
▪ Accountable for cross-functional solution architecture of the technologies/projects in the Investment Management stack including the Derivatives Ecosystem, Market Risk, and Credit Risk
▪ Partners directly with Enterprise Architecture to drive the strategic architecture vision at the local level
▪ Partner with Financial Data & Analytics team to drive strategic vision at the local level
▪ Partners directly with the specific technology subject matter experts and technical leads to work across the IM stack and ensure that architecture is integrated and holistic rather than siloed
▪ Support the leadership team in the design and implementation of a DevOps support model, including technology tools, for Investment Management technologies
▪ Stand up new Enterprise Risk Management Solution Architecture practice
▪ Decisions & Technology Evaluations
▪ Industry Trends, Research, POC, Tools
▪ Architecture Snapshots
▪ Full Architecture
▪ Application Designs
▪ Design & Code Reviews
▪ Non-Functional Requirements
▪ Test Plan Reviews
▪ Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer or business-related field
▪ 8 or more years of experience with designing and implementing complex solutions
▪ Mastery level knowledge and experience with C# application development including .net core, NginX, micro-services, docker, Entity Framework, HTML 5.0, Angular JS, Windows Workflow Foundation (WWF), Windows Communication Foundation (WCF), MVC, IIS, SQL Server T-Query, SQL Server XQuery
▪ Experience deploying and administering applications on Windows and Linux servers
▪ Experience with DevOps delivery including Jira, GitHub, and Jenkins
▪ Experience with batch job scheduling (TWS/Maestro), orchestration, secure file transfer, XML and XML concepts (schemas, XSD, XSLT), SQL Server/Oracle query and query writing
▪ Skilled leading and/or participating in system design and architectural activities including technical requirement writing experience and ability to lead collaboration for important design decisions.
▪ Experience in AWS cloud application design, development, and deployment including AWS Certified Developer – Associate or AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate
▪ Strong collaboration skills with the ability to work in a team-based environment including employees, vendors, and third-party contractors
▪ Proven ability to provide technical leadership and guidance to less experienced team members
▪ Strong understanding and adherence to IT SDLC and operational best practices
▪ Must have excellent communication and organization skills
▪ AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional
▪ Strong knowledge of ETL development including development patterns, and best practices
▪ Knowledge of Python development including development patterns, and best practices
▪ Knowledge of investment data and/or financial data
▪ Knowledge of data governance and data management technologies and methodologies