Head of Accounting and Tax
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs MassMutual Romania active
View all jobs Head of Accounting and Tax active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Accounting - Finance active on Hipo.ro
Who We Are – MassMutual
As the complexity in the world continues to increase, it’s getting hard to get simple. At MassMutual, our vision is to help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. Within MassMutual Technology, we have undergone some recent changes to simplify our organization to deliver on this vision. We will be a dependable partner to our businesses by providing high quality IT services on time and within budget. We will do so by simplifying our architecture to focus on strategically valuable technologies, investing in our people to equip them with skills of the future, and promoting a culture of ownership and delivery.
This is a great opportunity to be a part of the transformational journey at MassMutual. As we continue to grow our business and look for new ways to engage with customers, technology will be one of the most important enablers to our success and you can be a part of it.
If this sounds like a fit, we’re looking to hire a Head of Accounting and Tax to join our team in the financial department.
As a Head of Accounting and Tax, you will work from our Bucharest office while collaborating with the Global MassMutual financial teams, assuring that the Company is in compliance with internal and external financial obligations. The person who will join this role will report to a local manager based in Bucharest.
- Maintain general ledger accurate and up to date for both local and US GAAP books
- Keep accurate tax calculation and reporting
- Prepare and submit tax returns on time
- Ensure a timely and complete month end closing process for group reporting, aligned with Group requirements
- Review journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded correctly in both statutory and US GAAP books
- Support proper document flow to ensure tax and accounting compliance to local statutory requirements
- Perform monthly or quarterly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts for both statutory and US GAAP sets of books
- Support treasury function; Forecast Cashflow movements and ensure the needed cash is available for daily operations
- Assist in implementation of automatic payments, generated from AP system
- Assist with reviewing of travel and representative expenses, payroll records etc. as assigned
- Preparing balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to statutory legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
- Executing year-end closing activities, preparing and signing the annual financial statements;
- Lead the company’s response for statutory or tax audit
- Coordinates together with Country CFO relation with external auditors and the timely and complete response to external audit requirements
- Assists in implementation of SAP modules for Romanian operation, for Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Fixed Assets and connection to Procurement module
- Coordinate building up the appropriate Transfer Pricing documentation, liaising with external dedicated consultants for Transfer Pricing matters
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar position
- Working experience in an international environment
- US GAAP experience would be an advantage
- Digital skills: Good Microsoft Office Suite knowledge
- Fluent in English is mandatory
- SAP experience is recommended
- Postgraduate / Graduate from a recognized University, in a related field preferred
- Contribute to company's accounting, tax and general policies