Key Goal: Responsible for implementing an enterprise strategy to enable seamless integration of analytics best practices and standards to business processes.
At MassMutual, we help millions of people find financial freedom, offer financial protection, and plan for the future. We’re passionate about helping millions of people find financial freedom and this passion has driven our approach to developing meaningful experiences for our customers. We do this by building trust with our customers by being knowledgeable problem solvers and prioritize their needs above all else. We Live Mutual. MassMutual was named a Top Place to Work in 2019 according to The Boston Globe and No. 84 on the Fortune 500 list of largest companies.
Meet the Team – Data Analytics:
It is an exciting time at MassMutual! MassMutual is going through a Digital Transformation, continuing to be a leading customer-centric company. The Data Analytics team, part of MassMutual’s new Enterprise Technology Experience organization, is comprised of highly skilled, collaborative problem solvers who are motivated to create innovative solutions that exceed the changing needs of our customers and move MassMutual – and the industry – forward. The team culture is collaborative, cross-functional, and uses old and new technologies combined with the work/life balance.
▪ Enterprise-wide transition to a unified and governed strategic BI Platform
▪ Expansion of Digital Operations footprint, and growing need for access to actionable data insights
▪ Revitalization of analytics and reporting applications to support changing industry needs and expectations
Are you highly analytical and a problem solver? Would you describe yourself as a strong collaborative leader? Do you want to be part of a team that encourages your growth, supports your ambitions, and prioritizes your own development? If so, keep reading - this opportunity is for you!
The Senior Data Analyst will work from our Bucharest office while collaborating with the Global MassMutual teams and provide support in the data analytics area. The person who will join this role will report to a local manager based in Bucharest.
To continue our digital transformation, we are looking for a strategic thinker and strong analytical mind to join the Data Analytics team that is tasked with implementing an enterprise strategy to enable seamless integration of analytics best practices and standards to business processes.
The Senior Data Analyst is a critical role to enabling stakeholders and partners to harness the power of their data for decision making. This role will be responsible to work directly with stakeholders, product managers, and engineering teams to understand business objectives/ goals. The Senior Data Analyst will explore the data, ensuring quality and accuracy, and present it in easily consumable format for the business to use in their decision-making process.
▪ Lead discussions with partner teams to elicit, define, and understand objectives, goals, and desired insights
▪ Provide subject matter expertise on the data needs for project deliveries, scope, acceptance, installation and deployment.
▪ Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
▪ Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
▪ Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
▪ Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
▪ Filter and “clean” data to locate and correct code problems
▪ Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
▪ Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
▪ Work with data partners to develop/ enhance data to gain required insights
▪ Design and develop dashboards and reports to visualize analysis results using BI tools
▪ Contribute to the design, development and completion of project deliverables.
▪ Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Information Technology, Computer Science, CIS, Engineering, or Math
▪ 7+ year’s proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst
▪ Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
▪ Knowledge of statistics and experience analyzing datasets
▪ Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
▪ Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
▪ Must be comfortable working with large amounts of data
▪ Ability to work individually and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
▪ Ability to handle multiple tasks delivering under the Agile methodology
▪ Strong written and verbal communication skills
▪ 10+ year’s proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst