Who We Are – MassMutual
As the complexity in the world continues to increase, it’s getting hard to get simple. At MassMutual, our vision is to help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. Within MassMutual Technology, we have undergone some recent changes to simplify our organization to deliver on this vision. We will be a dependable partner to our businesses by providing high quality IT services on time and within budget. We will do so by simplifying our architecture to focus on strategically valuable technologies, investing in our people to equip them with skills of the future, and promoting a culture of ownership and delivery.
If this vision excites you, we are seeking a Project Manager to become a MassMutual team member. This is a great opportunity to be a part of the transformational journey at MassMutual. As we continue to grow our business and look for new ways to engage with customers, technology will be one of the most important enablers to our success and you can be a part of it.
Do you want to be part of a team that encourages your growth, supports your ambitions and makes it a priority for you to reach your goals? Is helping people part of who you are? At MassMutual, we help millions of people find financial freedom, offer financial protection and plan for the future. We do this by building trust with our customers by being knowledgeable problem solvers and prioritize their needs above all else. We Live Mutual.
If this sounds like a fit, we’re looking to hire a Project Manager to join our Technology, Service & Resiliency team.
The Project Manager will work from our Bucharest office while collaborating with the Global MassMutual teams and provide support in the Technology, Service & Resiliency area. The person who will join this role will report to a local manager based in Bucharest.
- Primary point of accountability to business sponsors and other parties
- Planning, day-to-day execution, management, implementation and reporting of multiple large projects or medium to large programs where scope is subject to change, contains high complexity and high degree of risk, large number of resources, and complex organizational change issues that support complex enterprise or strategic corporate goals
- Accountable to manage and monitor project tasks and controls during project planning and delivery activities to ensure on-time and quality goals are met within scope and budget
- Work with a high degree of autonomy and apply industry leading project and program management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to project deliverables, processes, communications and presentations in order to meet or exceed stakeholder needs and expectations
- Understand, apply, promote and contribute to MassMutual delivery methodologies, standards and tools
- Educate individuals, act as a trainer.
- Several years of experience on technical projects
- Business PM background
- BPM experience - Planview or similar tools
- Ability to understand how databases, applications and operating systems work with each other and integrated system infrastructures
- Ability to motivate and lead a team, hold people accountable for deliverables and strong organizational skills
- Ability to continually remediate an infrastructure to keep our systems compliant and supported.