Who We Are – MassMutual
As the complexity in the world continues to increase, it’s getting hard to get simple. At MassMutual, our vision is to help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. Within MassMutual Technology, we have undergone some recent changes to simplify our organization to deliver on this vision. We will be a dependable partner to our businesses by providing high quality IT services on time and within budget. We will do so by simplifying our architecture to focus on strategically valuable technologies, investing in our people to equip them with skills of the future, and promoting a culture of ownership and delivery.
If this vision excites you, we are seeking a Solutions Architect to become a MassMutual team member. This is a great opportunity to be a part of the transformational journey at MassMutual. As we continue togrow our business and look for new ways to engage with customers, technology will be one of the most important enablers to our success and you can be a part of it.
Do you want to be part of a team that encourages your growth, supports your ambitions and makes it a priority for you to reach your goals? Is helping people part of who you are? At MassMutual, we help millionsof people find financial freedom, offer financial protection and plan for the future. We do this by buildingtrust with our customers by being knowledgeable problem solvers and prioritize their needs above all else. We Live Mutual.
If this sounds like a fit, we’re looking to hire a Solutions Architect to join our Privacy, Data and AI Governance team.
The Solutions Architect will work from our Bucharest office while collaborating with the Global MassMutual teams and provide support in the Privacy, Data and AI Governance area. The person who will join this role will report to a local manager based in Bucharest. Our ideal candidate has extensive practitioner experience with full-stack, cloud-enabled, agile development, and enterprise architecture disciplines. This blended delivery leader and solution architect role will help drive digital transformation and create a competitive advantage for the firm and our policyholders. This entrepreneurial leader will be able to navigate ambiguity and think big, start small and scale quickly.The leader will be responsible for technical delivery of an innovative, principles-driven, enterprise capability that holistically addresses privacy, data and AI/ML governance at scale. These solutions will enable the delivery of superior customer experiences and innovative products while ensuring that key values, such as fairness, are built into systems supporting decision making. Additionally, this leader will deliver a suite of privacy rights capabilities in support of our enterprise privacy program spanning CCPA, GDPR, HIPPA, GLBA, and the like.
The successful candidate will partner closely with product owners, Enterprise Architecture and peer delivery leaders and will drive innovation, make strategic decisions and actively guide teams toward a future state consistent with the Enterprise Governance Architecture strategy. This role has broad exposure across the firm in order to effectively tie business capabilities and processes for scalable governance.
Objectives of the role:
- Assume technical leadership and DevOps ownership for enterprise governance solutions including a fully automated privacy rights solution from digital customer experience through rights fulfillment, and an innovative adaptive policy framework delivering governance at scale across the enterprise.
- Build governance data models and pipelines to capture, prepare, and enrich evidentiary data and ultimately integrate into an experience presented to customers and enterprise stakeholders.
- Develop the Solution Architecture program within the enterprise governance team.
- Champion the Governance team’s engagement with Enterprise Architecture as a member o the Solution Architecture Community.
- Contribute to the technical platform strategy for enterprise data initiatives ensuring they support enterprise privacy, data and AI governance policy by specifying standards around data transport and data APIs.
- Define the strategic solution architecture for the suite of enterprise governance solutions covering full stack application development, data architectures, integration patterns, and enterprise work management.
- Provide strategic solution architecture direction and technical leadership of enterprise privacy, data and AI governance solutions and systems.
- Lead one or more squads of analysts, developers and QA team members for delivery.
- Establish strategies, reference architectures, road maps, standards, best practices, and solution patterns for enterprise governance solutions.
- Produce and maintain pertinent architecture documents, solution designs, and EA reviews at key points in the SDLC.
- Collaborate with various departments to establish automated processes that collect and compute measures of progress and alignment with governance principles.
- Collaborate and partner with leaders across our data science team, business channels, law, compliance, enterprise risk, and information security.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) preferred or equivalent experience.
- Experience establishing and executing complex, strategic, cross-functional enterprise programs.
- Hands-on expertise with a wide array of modern, secure, cloud-enabled technologies, data platforms, and CI/CID delivery pipelines
- Skilled in applying judgment to achieve process compliance and achievement of business objectives
- Expertise with project management processes and tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Scrum and Kanban
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Familiarity with Archimate enterprise architecture modeling language and SAFe framework
- Exceptional influencing abilities across all levels of the organization.
- Advanced degree preferred (M.S., M.B.A., J.D.).
- Financial services knowledge, including core business processes and regulations.
- Experience implementing and managing enterprise governance programs in highly regulated industries.
- Knowledge of public policy making, CCPA and GDPR
- Knowledge of methods for designing, developing, testing, peer-reviewing, and deploying machine learning and artificial intelligence solutions. Practitioner experience is considered a strong plus.
- Experience creating KPIs and using them to manage execution and inform strategy.
- Knowledge of metrics associated with characterizing performance, bias, variance, and error of algorithms and predictive models.