Annuity Service Application Developer
Who We Are – MassMutual
As the complexity in the world continues to increase, it’s getting hard to get simple. At MassMutual, our vision is to help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. Within MassMutual Technology, we have undergone some recent changes to simplify our organization to deliver on this vision. We will be a dependable partner to our businesses by providing high quality IT services on time and within budget. We will do so by simplifying our architecture to focus on strategically valuable technologies, investing in our people to equip them with skills of the future, and promoting a culture of ownership and delivery.
If this vision excites you, we are seeking an Annuity Service Application Developer to become a MassMutual team member. This is a great opportunity to be a part of the transformational journey at MassMutual. As we continue to grow our business and look for new ways to engage with customers, technology will be one of the most important enablers to our success and you can be a part of it.
Do you want to be part of a team that encourages your growth, supports your ambitions and makes it a priority for you to reach your goals? Is helping people part of who you are? At MassMutual, we help millions of people find financial freedom, offer financial protection and plan for the future. We do this by building trust with our customers by being knowledgeable problem solvers and prioritize their needs above all else. We Live Mutual.
If this sounds like a fit, we’re looking to hire an Annuity Service Application Developer to join our team.
We are currently seeking an Annuity Service Application Developer to join our local team in Bucharest. The person who will join this role will report to a local manager based in Bucharest.
- Design and build technical changes in a suite of Annuity customer service applications using Java, Struts, J2EE, JPA, Eclipse, IntelliJ and Sybase or MS SQL
- Build, integrate and leverage microservices and REST APIs
- Utilize various version control solutions such as Git, TFS, BitBucket and GitHub
- Implement high-quality, cost-effective and sustainable solutions; Meet today’s needs with the potential to scale or adapt to the needs of the future
- Document technical specification and perform unit/system testing for all changes
- Review scope statements, analyze and assess changes required and provide estimations to support Level 1, 2 and 3 forecasting
- Lead Issue mitigation efforts requiring advanced debugging, code comparison, and root cause analysis
- Independently manage multiple priorities, pivot quickly to changing demand and communicate regularly and often on progress to plan
- Work as part of team as well as independently with some direction
- Optimize - seek to understand existing process/procedures and drive improvements
- Innovate – discover, create, and seek out new and different approaches that will enable our team to be more effective, efficient, and successful
- 5 years’ experience in Sybase or MS SQL db and store procedures, Struts, J2EE, Java, JPA, Eclipse and Intelli;
- 3 years’ experience with microservice architecture and APIs
- Demonstrated experience in TFS, Git, BitBucket and GitHub
- Familiarity with ASP, .net, Unix scripts a plus, but not required
- Self-Motivated - demonstrated success at self-study and independent learning
- Business knowledge of Annuity Insurance Products and Services
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Continuous Improvement mindset – specific focus on improving processes, procedures, and throughput of systems. Aggressively seek to gain a deeper understanding of the business area that is supported by our systems.
- Strong teaming skills – proven ability to operate in a fast paced, diverse and inclusive environment. Expected to offer help to others and accept help so that we all can more rapidly achieve our mutual goals and objectives
- Proven experience in designing and building new customer service applications
- Possess or acquire knowledge of MassMutual Annuity Service processes, standards and products
- Experience working with Agile and Waterfall Methodologies
- Single Page Application (Angular, React)