Business Systems Analyst
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs MassMutual Romania active
View all jobs Business Systems Analyst active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
Who We Are – MassMutual
As the complexity in the world continues to increase, it’s getting hard to get simple. At MassMutual, our vision is to help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. Within MassMutual Technology, we have undergone some recent changes to simplify our organization to deliver on this vision. We will be a dependable partner to our businesses by providing high quality IT services on time and within budget. We will do so by simplifying our architecture to focus on strategically valuable technologies, investing in our people to equip them with skills of the future, and promoting a culture of ownership and delivery.
If this vision excites you, we are seeking a Business Systems Analyst to become a MassMutual team member. This is a great opportunity to be a part of the transformational journey at MassMutual. As we continue to grow our business and look for new ways to engage with customers, technology will be one of the most important enablers to our success and you can be a part of it.
Do you want to be part of a team that encourages your growth, supports your ambitions and makes it a priority for you to reach your goals? Is helping people part of who you are? At MassMutual, we help millions of people find financial freedom, offer financial protection and plan for the future. We do this by building trust with our customers by being knowledgeable problem solvers and prioritize their needs above all else. We Live Mutual.
If this sounds like a fit, we’re looking to hire a Business Systems Analyst to join our Data Science team.
As a Business Systems Analyst you’ll have an opportunity to help deliver innovative, data-driven products and enhancements aimed at transforming the insurance industry. In this role, as well as all roles within MassMutual, you will demonstrate accountability, agility, a dedication to be inclusive, a strong business acumen, and will show courage, even in the most difficult situations. We also highly value strong communication skills, a passion for learning, leadership traits, resilience and self-awareness.
What success looks like:
- Requirements and data relationships are well defined and documented for stakeholder approval and Implementation teams’ consumption
- Implementation team understood what needed to be accomplished and is able to deliver on the requirements without a lot of wasted effort
- Team is able to validate that all requirements have been met with no ambiguity
- Stakeholders are satisfied that the scope being delivered is the best possible solution to the problem they are trying to solve.
- Provide consultation and business analysis on multiple projects of varying duration, size, and complexity
- Elicit, translate and simplify requirements, decompose high-level business and user requirements into well-written User Stories
- Analyze and validate business systems data
- Document technical requirements and business / technical process flows
- Create and maintain Source to Target mapping documentation
- Document and organize acceptance criteria for user stories
- Partner with architecture to develop the data model / design solution
- Coordinating end-to-end testing along with UAT and observing initiation of the system to validate performance
- Acts as a liaison between business stakeholders, and the software development or information technology teams
- Perform systems analysis - using techniques such as sampling, and structured analysis, to ensure the solution is efficient, cost-effective and financially feasible
- Guide technical teams when needed
- Work with technical leads, product managers to plan, develop technical scopes of work and manage the execution of projects/product changes in response to requirements from our stakeholders
- Participate in all phases of the development life cycle including requirements gathering and analysis, design, build, test, implementation and continuous service
- Work with product and project manager(s) to define improvements to business processes, assist decision-makers in gathering information to make decisions, and help quality assurance test solutions
- Be self-supportive in collaborating with peers to effectively deliver a robust solution for the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business or an analytical field such as Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science
- 5+ years business and data analyst experience analyzing and manipulating data from variety of production systems and data platforms
- Database experience/SQL expertise
- Knowledge of ETL and Datawarehouse concepts and processes
- Former technical experience is preferred, such as working with data engineering / science / analytics teams or experience developing and/or deploying
- Ability to identify data quality issues and recommend the best course of action to address them
- Excellent interpersonal communication, coordination, requirement gathering and planning skills with cross functional teams
- Special combination of technical skill and business acumen, along with a high degree of confidence
- Logical reasoning and deduction skills (ability to connect the dots)
- Skilled in applying judgment to balance process compliance with achievement of business objectives
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- Outcome oriented with the ability to drill down from the big picture to process details
- Ability to communicate objectives, plans, status and results clearly
- Ability to understand and translate business needs into technical requirements
- Ability to collaborate across diverse teams and organizations
- For this position, candidates must be authorized to work in the United States without requiring visa sponsorship