Who We Are – MassMutual
As the complexity in the world continues to increase, it’s getting hard to get simple. At MassMutual, our vision is to help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. Within MassMutual Technology, we have undergone some recent changes to simplify our organization to deliver on this vision. We will be a dependable partner to our businesses by providing high quality IT services on time and within budget. We will do so by simplifying our architecture to focus on strategically valuable technologies, investing in our people to equip them with skills of the future, and promoting a culture of ownership and delivery.
If this vision excites you, we are seeking a Data Analyst to become a MassMutual team member. This is a great opportunity to be a part of the transformational journey at MassMutual. As we continue to grow our business and look for new ways to engage with customers, technology will be one of the most important enablers to our success and you can be a part of it
A career with us means you will work alongside exceptional people and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. Our employees are the foundation of what makes MassMutual a strong stable and ethical business. We seek and value unique and varied perspectives and experiences because we believe we are stronger when all voices are heard.
We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans rely on each other.
MassMutual has recognized the importance of an Enterprise Privacy, Data and AI Governance program and we are looking for a skilled and highly motivated individual with strong analysis and problem solving background to join this Enterprise Privacy, Data and AI Governance team within the Enterprise Technology Experience organization. Data plays a key role at MassMutual, and as such, our Data sourcing and governance program plays a critical role in MassMutual’s success.
In this role, you must be proficient in data management, have a strong analytical capability and be able to partner with stakeholders to understand their needs. You will use your skills to provide subject matter
expertise and complete in-depth data analysis, which contribute to the strategic efforts of the team. The team embodies a culture of working collaboratively, cross-functionally, using new technologies for data driven decision making combined with the work/life balance provided by MassMutual. This role requires data forensics and investigation to navigate the enterprise data environment. You’re also detail-oriented and adaptable.
The Data Analyst will work from our Bucharest office while collaborating with the Global MassMutual teams and provide support in the data privacy area. The person who will join this role will report to a local manager based in Bucharest.
- Engage with various teams to understand data requirements and uses.
- Understand data sourcing and delivery designs and how those support data lineage and veracity.
- Review data model, metadata, for data sourcing and governance, applying quality management.
- Work with data partners to gain required governance insights.
- Complete in-depth data analysis and contribution to strategic efforts.
- Provide subject matter expertise on the data needs for project deliveries, scope, acceptance, installation and deployment.
- Design and develop dashboards and reports to visualize analysis results using BI tools for internal governance team use.
- Contribute to the design, development and completion of project deliverables.
- Experience with data governance and data quality.s a data analyst that supports the privacy program you would be required to:
- Understand the privacy regulations set by states in the United States, such as CCPA, CPRA. A familiarity with GDPR would be a plus.
- An up to date understanding of what privacy means and what data is covered by it.
- An up to date understanding of any up and coming regulatory changes that may impact Mass Mutual.
- As a data analyst that supports the AI Governance team you would be required to:
- Understanding of AI models and how it impacts privacy.
- Understanding of governing AI Models.
- Write code in Java and Python
- Have knowledge on basics of math and probability
- A good understanding and strong knowledge in algorithms and statistics
- An appreciation of data modelling, software architecture and data structures.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 4+ years of professional data analysis working with business data initiatives.
- Hands-on expertise with SQL for use in data access, discovery and analysis.
- Hands-on expertise with Data Warehousing solutions.
- Hands-on experience with various cloud-based database technologies (Vertica, Redshift, etc.)
- Proficient in data management including data analytical capability.
- Excellent verbal and written communications, high attention to detail.
- Ability to manage diverse projects impacting multiple roles and processes.
- Candidate should be able to troubleshoot problem areas and identify data gaps and issues.
- Ability to adapt to fast changing environment.
- Experience understanding ETL processes.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks.
- Presentation skills in demonstrating system design and data analysis solutions.
- Familiar with agile project delivery process.
- Experience in privacy rights and data governance a plus.
- Authorized to work in the USA without sponsorship now or in the future.